라면 먹고 싶어? ; youngjae

A/N: I hope everyone is doing well during their respective lockdowns!! Remember to stay safe and to stay at home as much as possible. So regarding my hiatus... I was swamped with university things (tbh I still am, but since I'm doing all of my learning online now, I have a bit more free time and can write again!!) Please stay safe everyone and healthy sending all my love and prayers to you guys!

..............................................................................................................................................................

'Who's this?' a young man scrutinised you, like a slide under a microscope, you nearly shrinking in discomfort, as he ran a hair through his light brown hair.

'Stop staring at her Bam jeez, you're going to make her feel uncomfortable,' JB, the only one you recognised, chastised, as he ruffled a towel through his slick, wet hair, sweaty from practise.

The one called Bam merely shrugged before returning to the couch, as if this was normal behaviour for him.

'I'm sorry about that,' a soft voice came from the pantry as Youngjae reappeared, gulping down a glass of water to quench his parched throat.

'I-uh, I'm fine Youngjae, it's alright,' you muttered, although you were still keeping an eye on Bam on the couch.

'Excuse my members,' Jaebeom smiled tightly as he flicked the towel at Bam's arm who proceeded to yelp dramatically.

Giggling at his antics, somehow it made you feel that much more comfortable. Sure your third date with Youngjae, was definitely not what you expected. When he had said to meet him at practise, you were thinking more of him doing vocal training in one of the soundproofed rooms and definitely not getting the full 'GOT7' treatment.

But here you were, as Youngjae, sheepishly packed his things, tossing in his phone and his practise clothes while the rest of the members eyed him with suspicion. You felt doubly uncomfortable when the Korean members took a second glance at you, the moment you had stepped in with your door. With your lighter hair and faintly Caucasian features they must have wondered if you had ended up in the wrong room.

Of course, you were not the orthodox Korean, in fact you were more of a mix. You were an American born Korean, you had lived on US soil for basically, your entire life. Your Korean was shaky to say the least, definitely not as fluent as a native speaker but you could make your way around in an emergency if you were forced to. Your mom had attempted to school you in her native language but you weren't having it. Until... you were accepted to Seoul National University on a full scholarship... that was when regret slowly began to creep up on you, especially at time when you couldn't understand the slang that was used in Kakaotalk, Korea's biggest chatting app. There had been several embarrassing mishaps in the past which you could never live down for the rest of your life.

'She's (Y/N),' the one whose face was engulfed by the mask and cap he wore called out, answering Bam's question.

'Oh,' Bam's lips dropped, forming a perfect 'O' shape as he took another hard stare at you before returning to his usual business.

Perplexed by his slightly unusual behaviour, you turned to Youngjae who was about done packing, slipping on his Supreme hoodie over his head.

'I'm sorry for them,' he said in a voice below a whisper as he approached you, seeing the confused look in your eyes.

'Aw come on Youngjae, you just going to whisk her away without introducing us??' a slightly shorter but well built man, leapt up, and despite his outward appearance, the pout on his face somehow made him more lovable.

Youngjae huffed slightly, and smiled apologetically at you. 'Would you mind?' he asked, the look in his eyes, silently begging you to play along. 'You don't have to if you don't want to,' he promised but you took a deep breath, shaking your head.

'No, I'm fine, they need to get to know me sooner or later anyway,' you attempted to say with confidence but your voice warbled a bit on the last point, and Youngjae chuckled once before gently leading you into the middle of the room.

'Guys this is (Y/N),' he said in the sweet voice that you fell for. 'Don't bully her,' he warned as the members looked up from whatever they were doing.

'That's Jackson,' Youngjae pointed to the man who had been pouting earlier who grinned, rising a hand.

'Sup,'

'Mark hyung,' to the dude with the incredibly small face who raised a hand in greeting.

'Bam and Yugyeom,' he pointed out the two on the couch who had been sitting whispering in each other's ears, while glancing at you, gossiping like a bunch of old ladies at a Sunday brunch.

'Jinyoung hyung,' the man with one of the most handsome faces you had ever seen, looked up from the book he was reading, smiled once before continuing.

'And you know JB hyung,' who acknowledged you with a small smile.

'Now that you guys know each other, can we...,' you heard the indirect question that he was asking, as he seemed to sent silent SOS signals to his leader.

'Yeah, sure,' JB shrugged as he went to shut off the computer they were using to practise their choreo to. 'Don't forget we have practise again tomorrow,' he reminded sternly over his shoulder as Youngjae nodded before turning to you.

'What do you want to eat?' he asked casually, slightly guilty knowing that at this time of night, there weren't really that many options.

'I'm not really sure,' you thought for a while, a crease appearing in your forehead as you did so.

'Do you want to eat ramen?" you asked innocently.

There was a hacking cough coming from nearly everyone in the room and you definitely detected a snigger from the two youngest as they tried to smother their laughter while Youngjae's face turned a bright ripe tomato red, the colour rising high in his cheeks.

You were bewildered at the side-eyes all of them were giving each other, Jackson and Bam's cheeks puffed out in an attempt to not burst into laughter. Jinyoung had hidden his face behind his book but you could see that the tip of his ears had turned red, while Mark was putting on a big show of maintaining a straight face despite the tension in the room. The back of JB's neck had turned red and he was suddenly staring incredibly intently at the laptop despite the fact that he had already shut it down.

'Did I... say something wrong?" you asked in a whisper but Youngjae was too mortified to answer you. Had you said something rude? Not really... not that you could recall. All you had asked was what he wanted to eat.

Mark let out a heavy sigh which seemed to be too much for both Jackson and Bam as they finally had the chance to burst out into incessant laughter, clutching at their stomachs, rolling around on the floor.

'(Y/N)...' Youngjae scratched the back of his neck, clearly in discomfort as he thought of the best way to explain the situation to you.

'Asking someone to eat ramen is well... ugh... sort of...' Youngjae's voice usually so powerful suddenly shrank into the back of his throat, disappearing.

'It's like the Korean equivalent of Netflix and Chill,' Mark piped in from the couch, smirking, using the American equivalent as an explanation, as the realisation slowly dawned on you and this time it was your face that was rising in colour as you came to terms with what you had accidentally suggested to Youngjae.

'I'm sorry,' suddenly flustered, words came pouring out of your mouth: a mixture of Korean and English.

'I-I didn't know... I mean I wasn't trying to imply that we should... I...' you felt the words die on your tongue as you succumbed to the embarrassment, while Jackson and Bam continued to have the time of their lives.

'I know you weren't,' Youngjae finally came to your aid, having finally gotten over the miscommunication.

'But sure we'll go get ramen,' he grinned sweetly at you as you sighed in relief, knowing that there were no hard feelings between both of you despite the humiliation.

'BE SAFE YOU TWO,' you heard Jackson faintly calling out as Youngjae placed a hand at the small of your back gently pushing you out of the practise room before things got out of hand, before hearing a faint 'OW' of surprise and a thudding which somehow indicated that an object, had been thrown and hit squarely at its target.