insecurities ; youngjae

A/N: Hi guys I'm going to be starting a new series based on the #EveryDate that we've been getting from GOT7 !! I just got the idea for the series so it will take some time to be up! I'm going to be starting with Mark's one and then follow with the sequence given on GOT7's schedule. Who else is excited for their comeback?? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Youngjae? Youngjae come on,' you thumped your fist against the wooden door several times, but the only sound that greeted you was ringing silence.

'God,' you sat right outside the door, refusing to leave until Youngjae acknowledged your existence. The next step of your stubborn plan was to call each and every single one of his members until they answered and you got to the bottom of your boyfriend's behaviour.

Mark, Jackson and Bam Bam didn't pick up. Figures, it was nearly 2 in the morning. You didn't even bother trying Jinyoung knowing his sleeping schedule on normal day was almost religiously rigid. Yugyeom had gone out with some of his friends, it was in his Instagram story so that left you with only JB who was most likely to answer.

You chewed on your thumbnail nervously as the dial tone started up. After what seemed like an agonising century, you heard the faint of click of someone picking up the phone.

'(Y/N)?" a groggy voice greeted you over the phone.

'Jaebeom thank god,' you rushed into the conversation and didn't stop until he had to slow you down.

'Wait, what is going on?' he asked, his voice slightly more alert.

'It's Youngjae, he came back all weird and he's not letting me in the room and I'm worried something's wrong with him,' you whispered. 'Did something happen among you guys? He's never been this weird around me before,' you felt the panic seep into your voice.

There was such a long silence over the phone that you were worried that Jaebeom had hung up on you.

'It's actually about,' you heard a faint sigh over the phone as he was preparing to tell you something major.

'You see, well you know Youngjae hasn't always been that confident with his looks and I guess this is just one of those times where he's feeling really self-conscious and he's been going out to the gym a lot more in hopes of well sort of trying to build his confidence, but there have been times where he just,' JB stopped because he must have heard the choking sound that was erupting from your mouth as you fought back the tears.

'Thanks JB, I'll talk to him,' your voice warbled slightly as you heard a click on the other side of the line.

Clearing your throat, you ran a hand through your hair, taking in a deep steadying breath, rapping on the door softly

'Youngjae, let's talk, please?" you begged. 'I know what's going on, come on Youngjae, just let me in,' you thumped your fist against the door a few more times before relenting, holding your breath, wondering what he would do.

Several agonising minutes passed, before you heard the creak of the doorknob turning underneath his fingers and nearly slamming the door open, you threw your arms around him.

'Youngjae, look at me please,' you whispered, as his hair swung into his red eyes. Cupping his face gently in your hands, he tried to avoid looking at you but you stood firm. His eyes were bloodshot, clear that he had done a lot of crying, and by the raspy breathing of his voice, it was evident that he had been screaming.

'Youngjae,' you whispered, brushing a thumb against his cheek, wiping away a stray tear. Pressing his forehead against yours, you could feel his ragged breaths as he attempted to reassert some control in him.

'Look at me Youngjae. I love you. I don't give a damn what you look like. I don't care if you're not the most athletic, or the most fit or whatever,' his body stilled slightly under your words.

'I love you for this wonderful amazing person that you are. Your body or how you look, that's all secondary.' you laid your head against his chest, hearing the frantic beating of his heart slowing down to normal.

'I love you Choi Youngjae, for all your insecurities and your flaws and your imperfections,' you smiled before kissing him once softly on the cheek. 'And whoever else who says otherwise, can shove their opinion up their-,'

'(Y/N),' your boyfriend's voice broke out warningly, his voice with a minute tinge of humour.

'I was just joking,' you muttered innocently as you heard a choked laugh come out of Youngjae's throat.

That entire night, you didn't sleep. You just looked at Youngjae who slowly but surely drifted off into the peace of sleep, occasionally stroking the hair from his voice as he slept.