neglect ; mark

A/N: A lot of you are probably asking where all the requests are, they will be on the way but I'm still trying to clear out all of the old imagines that I haven't posted yet, but still, please keep sending in your requests!

..................................................................................................................................

'I'm home!' you called out to the empty hallway, grumbling when you never received a reply, as the silence dragged on.

Cranky, you kicked off your shoes, wincing as you could finally, relieve your feet from the torture instruments that were your heels, before placing them carelessly on the rack, noticing that Mark's sneakers were already there, it was clear from that and the light that came from the bedroom upstairs that he was already home.

Shedding and dumping your coat on the couch, you head upstairs wondering what in the world he was so pre-occupied with that he didn't even care to acknowledge your presence. Usually, at the sound of your voice he would be tumbling downstairs, waiting to welcome you home.

'Mark?" you asked, pushing open the bedroom door, where a thin sliver of light was piercing out from the crack.

You heard the sound of rapid keystrokes, and fierce clicks as the mouse under his hand, skittered left and right, his eyes completely focused on the screen in front of him, pupils wavering as he kept track of his avatar.

'Hey babe,' you said, tiredly, kissing him on the cheek, as he flinched, concentration momentarily broken as he immediately clicked the 'pause' button.

'Hey,' he grunted in acknowledgement before unpausing his game, his avatar continuing to follow his commands.

'I'm going to go and shower, I'm turning in,' you said dumping your clutch on the table next to him and all he did was nod as you twisted your hair into a messy bun, heading for the showers.

By the time you came out, warm and clean and sleepy, eyes drooping, you noticed that Mark wasn't even remotely ready for bed, headphones still strapped against his ears, as he spat out to his headset.

'Jae come on man, you gotta cover me, I'm getting my ass kicked out here,' he groaned, clicking a few more buttons in succession.

'Mark, you're coming to bed soon right?" you asked, as you settled in the covers.

'Hmm? Yeah sure,' he said, cursor still wiggling frantically on the screen.

'Fine,' you sighed softly, wrapping the blanket around your body, wishing desperately it was his arms around you instead.

The Next Morning

Groaning, you stretched, eyelids still half closed. Mumbling, you turned on your side, hoping to cuddle with Mark, but when you ran your hands across the sheets you felt nothing but cold fabric between your fingers. Rubbing at your eyes, blinking them open, you took a glance at your phone, noting that it was already 9 in the morning. Damn, yesterday's meeting must have taken more out of you than you thought.

Slowly waking, you registered the sound of the keyboard tapping and the mouse clicking. Sitting up, your hair flat on one side, you ran a hand through it trying to make it more orderly, you saw Mark already at his gaming chair clicking frantically.

'Mark,' you yawned. 'Could you open the curtains?" you mumbled, you hated the feeling of waking up to a dark room, you preferred your room filled with sunshine.

'I'm sorry babe I'm trying to-,' the rest of his words were garbled mush as, in a flurry of keystrokes, the 0.5% of attention you commanded disappeared as he focused on the screen again.