distrust ; jb

'I'm outside,' you spoke to the phone watching as your voice message was sent, your breath misting in the air, as you leaned against one of the back alley walls, almost disappearing into your clothes, the only little bit of your face showing was the lower half and your eyes.

Cursing your forgetfulness, you rubbed your ice-cold hands together, hoping that the friction would produce some form of warmth.

Next time, bring your goddamn gloves

Just as the thought was formulated in the back of your head, a pair of warm hands covered yours entirely, almost instantly, you felt better and could slowly gain feeling to the tips of your appendages.

A soft kiss fluttered at the tip of your nose as a smooth voice scolded you gently.

'Bring your gloves next time,' Jaebeom said, echoing your thought, sounding almost mother-like as he rubbed his hand together with yours.

As soon as he was sufficiently pleased that you were warmed up enough, from somewhere deep in his trench coat, he produced two of his gloves, slipping them on your newly warmed hands.

'Whatever would I do without you?" you meant for it to be sarcastic but somehow it came out to be more grateful.

'Whatever would I do with a girlfriend whose fingers had fallen off due to hypothermia?" he retorted, his lips flicked up into a smile that softened the crinkles around his eyes, transforming him into GOT7's leader to just the love of your life.

You shook your head, as he slipped his arm into the crook of yours, leading you to his car. Both of you could have walked, but being the slight OCD that he was, Jaebeom took every pre-caution. Sure, sometimes it was stifling and irritating and frustrating to the point where you would just breakdown in his arms as he looked down in pained silence.

But there were times like this, his hand on your thigh as he drove back to your shared apartment, were you knew that you would have done it all over again given the choice.

Flashback

You were...nobody. That was putting it bluntly. You were just a part-timer, slogging it at the café opposite of JYP. Of course, in the beginning it was exciting when you saw the celebs come in and out. You nearly died when you were working at the cashier and the person that handed you his bill was Bang Chan from Stray Kids, his accent slightly more prominent when he was talking to his fellow Australian, Felix, whose voice as always betrayed the baby-ish look of his face.

They must have seen the looks on your face because they both shot you a reassuring smile and even joked around a bit.

'So, will you be getting the receipt, or should I?" Chan asked jokingly, making you snap out of wherever your head was in the clouds.

'I-uh,' you must have been blushing a fierce red, as you fumbled for his change.

'Thank you,' you uttered formally, bowing as they waved goodbye, before exiting, the bell above the door jingling as they left.

Over time... you became immune to it. TWICE and ITZY members would come and go occasionally but more often than not the artists would take their lunches to the 'Organic Café' provided downstairs.

Unless it was comeback season, in which case, throngs of them came over after practices, looking famished, ordering enough food to feed a small wedding. There was a memorable time when Stray Kids and GOT7 ordered so much food, you were forced to run over to the nearest convenient store to buy more stock, as they literally ate you out of the restaurant.

When you came back to serve them, you realised that one of the GOT7 members wasn't there, counting only 14 people at the table. For some reason this minor disappearance disturbed you throughout the night, till they finally left with full bellies, tired eyes and contented appetites.