~

Fifty minutes had elapsed and Taehyung was completely absorbed in his painting, making sure every gentle stroke of his paintbrush was precise and up to perfection.

His tongue was pressed to the corner of his mouth, peeping out of his peachy kiss lips and his eyebrows were furrowed from concentration. He felt tranquil and all of his anxieties and worries were thrown to the back of his head.

After his teacher suggested that he should choose something meaningful to him, it didn't take much time for him to decide on drawing the eyes.

He knew how to draw them with lots of accuracy already because he stayed up countless nights, when his nightmares would hold him awake, drawing them over and over, so much that it felt natural for him to sketch them out without hesitation.

~

People around him started taking their used palettes and wet canvases to the back of the room to drop them in the sink or to gingerly lay them across the drying rack.

"Excuse me, the lesson's finishing now." A girl with a long fringe and lose curls sat on her shoulders informed him.

"Oh, 'was too concentrated to notice." Taehyung replied with a light chuckle and the girl smiled back.

They had a short but sweet conversation and both introduced themselves before the final bell, as deafening as always, rang and everyone scurried out of the class, excited to get home and do absolutely nothing, and that is what Taehyung wanted to do, too.

They bid their goodbyes to each other and parted ways, leaving him with a subtle smile plastered onto his face.

Relief washed over him as he walked out of the college, delighted that he had completed his first day.

He walked straight towards the car park and found Yoongi's car easily because it was in a more spacious area due to him being a teacher, so his space was reserved every morning. He opened the car door and the fumes of Yoongi's car freshener, a strong scent of liquorice, invaded his nostrils.

He threw his bag on the floor and lowered himself in but before he could even fasten his seatbelt, he was suddenly pulled into a loving hug by Yoongi as he felt his back being rubbed in small circles.

"How was your day then, kiddo?" Yoongi asked, gulping. He was nervous that that a negative answer would follow because he didn't want to deal with a sad Taehyung.

"Y-yeah, well, it was okay." Taehyung spoke quietly with hesitation, which really worried Yoongi.

"Tae, we can continue homeschooling you if that suits you better. I only want you to be happy." Yoongi suggested. He pulled out of the hug and squeezed Taehyung's cheeks with one hand and ruffled his hair with the other, like he always did.

Although Taehyung wasn't a kid anymore, he felt the most comforted and relaxed when he was treated as if he was a bit younger.

He liked the idea of feeling protected like a young child would be, which was why he loved the way Yoongi treated him- he didn't get babied, but he was still taken care of and had affection thrown at him constantly, which never grew boring to him.

"No thank you, hyung, I think I can hope here." He stated, trying to sound as confident as possible, though the delay in his reply showed the polar opposite.

Yoongi started the car and pulled out of the parking lot, not wanting to push Taehyung to overthink his decision before he had some time to settle in.

For the rest of the short drive home, Taehyung sang along to the radio which was repeatedly turned down by Yoongi, who was trying to avoid getting a headache and also trying to tell a story, but carelessly turned back up by Taehyung who loved annoying his caregiver.

Yoongi continued telling the story under all of the noisy racket of Taehyung's singing even though he knew that he wasn't listening nor was he interested in the slightest.

Eventually after an excruciatingly loud journey, Taehyung and Yoongi finally arrived home, much to Yoongi's pleasure he could now get some peace and quiet.

He unlocked the front door of the house and the two headed inside to the comforting warmth and aroma of their home. "I was thinking take-away for dinner tonight kid, what about you?" Yoongi said while putting his bag down. "Chinese sounds so good right now." Taehyung replied, a cheeky grin adorning his face.

"Chinese it is then, go get showered and dressed and I'll call you when it's here." With that, Taehyung made his way upstairs and to the shower like Yoongi had told him to. He let the warm water cascading over his head lull him deep into his thoughts as he recalled all that had happened that day.

~