二十九

~

"No, no, no! It has to be in here!" Taehyung cried, rummaging through his rucksack. He woke up with yet another nightmare in a cold sweat. However, he couldn't go back to sleep because the gruesome images inside his head wouldn't stop holding him awake.

He had thoroughly searched his bag multiple times before he was certain that his notebook wasn't in there. He let out a hopeless cry as his body shook on the cold floor. He did not want any of Jungkook's family to hear him.

His cries turned to sobs as he pressed himself into a corner, struggling for breath. If this had happened at home, he would've gone into Yoongi's room and had a cuddle with him, but he didn't think Jungkook would be comfortable if he did that and he wouldn't be comfortable if Jungkook saw him in such a vulnerable state.

He scurried to the bed and picked up a pillow, which he squeezed into his chest as he sat back in the corner. The room was nearly pitch black except for the moonlight flowing through the window onto a patch of grey carpet in the middle of the room. Taehyung he found it somewhat relaxing, but nowhere near calming enough to calm him down.

Memories of his parents death began flashing before his eyes, torturing him. A few low knocks were to be heard, but Taehyung's hectic breathing and sobs were too loud for him to notice until the door opened.

"Jungkook." Taehyung weakly croaked out.

"Taehyung." Jungkook whispered in a panic. He closed the door behind him and flicked a lamp on the bedside table, making his way to him in the corner.

Taehyung's teary eyes peered up to him and Jungkook's heart ached at the sight of him: his flushed cheeks stained with tears, a runny nose and a quivering bottom lip. As well as that, his small frame was shaking vigorously on the spot.

"What's wrong?" Jungkook questioned, sitting on the floor in front of him. Shaking his head, Taehyung remained silent. He felt more comforted in the presence of Jungkook, however he didn't want to bother him any more than he already had.

"Y-you can g-go b-back to sleep, Jungkook. I-I'm okay." Taehyung offered in between sobs, burying his head in his clammy palms.

"I'm not tired," Jungkook hushed, crouching down and picking up Taehyung from the floor. Jungkook found it surprisingly easy to carry him back into his bed, considering they were nearly the same height. He just assumed it was because he had much more muscle than Taehyung did, "I'll stay with you here for a bit. Let me just get you some tissues."

Taehyung watched Jungkook through blurry eyes go into the en suite and come out with an entire toilet roll in his hand. He was still shirtless, his muscles highlighted in the moonlight which made him look as ethereal as ever.

He came back and kneeled down next to the bed, passing the entire toilet roll to Taehyung, who blew his nose and wiped the tears from his cheeks. Taehyung adjusted himself on the bed so that he was laying down again, eyes wide as he emptily stared at the ceiling.

"What happened?"

"J-just a nightmare. I g-get them all the time. Don't w-worry." Taehyung replied.

"Can I do anything for you? I'm happy to help." Jungkook offered. Seeing that Taehyung had calmed down a lot, he wasn't sure if Taehyung wanted him to go back to his room.

"Well, when this happens at home," began Taehyung, "My uncle lets me sleep with him in his room. I don't like being alone after I have the nightmares." He shyly admitted, gaze still fixed on the ceiling.

Taehyung thought that he had asked too much of Jungkook, although, to his surprise, he then felt the bed dip next to him as the covers quietly rustled, "Would you mind moving up a bit? I'm going to fall off the side of the bed." He heard Jungkook's low voice request with a small chuckle.

Taehyung complied and gave him a bit more room so that he had nearly half of the bed, but Taehyung gave himself the bigger half because he had a tendency to spread himself out when he slept.

"Is this okay?" Jungkook wondered, rolling on his side to face Taehyung as he talked.

"It's fine, but I don't think I can go back to sleep." Taehyung exclaimed, turning off the dull lamp next to him to make the room darker, in hopes that he would feel tired.

"Why not?" Jungkook asked, examining Taehyung's side profile in the moonlight.

After a moment of hesitation, Taehyung mumbled, "When I get nightmares at home, I-I actually cuddle with Yoongi, my uncle, to go back to sleep. Don't worry, though. I don't expect you to cuddle—"

"Shhh. I'm happy to cuddle you," Jungkook softly hushed, pulling Taehyung against his chest. Taehyung nuzzled his head into the crook of his neck, dragging one of his legs over Jungkook's waist, pulling him closer, "Are you comfy?" Jungkook whispered.

Taehyung nodded and softly answered, "Very. Thank you, Jungkook."

Taehyung's hot breath against his bare neck made Jungkook shiver as he drew circles on Taehyung's back with one hand and ran his fingers through his scalp with the other, "Good night again, Taehyung."

"Good night, Kookie." Taehyung replied, voice muffled by Jungkook's smooth skin pressed against his lips.

The two soon fell asleep, embracing each other tightly under the moonlight, tiny snores escaping their parted lips.

~