三十四

~

It was dusk; the peachy clouds loitered in the clouds as the sun was beginning to set and Yoongi was busy washing dirty dishes in the sink. Across the room, Taehyung was seated behind the piles of homework. His phone vibrated on the table, buzzing. He dropped his biro as he reached forward to pick up his phone.

"Who's that?" Yoongi questioned nosily, peering over his shoulder.

Taehyung cleared his throat as he shrugged, "I'm checking now."

UNKNOWN
hey. it's jungkook

"It's uhm.. Jungkook." Taehyung let out and Yoongi raised his eyebrow.

"Ah..." Yoongi dragged, "How's the boy after- y'know- you left?" a concerned expression evident on his face. Taehyung shrugged as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"He seemed a bit off earlier, but we talked about it and I said that he could um... stay- stay here if he needed to. I'm sorry Yoongs. I know I should've asked you first."

Yoongi shook his head, setting the dishes back down in the bubble-filled sink. He cleared his throat as he pulled out a chair for himself at the dining table, "Don't apologise, Tae. I'm proud that you said that, okay? That boy is probably going through a lot, right?" he whispered, holding Taehyung's frail hands with one of his own.

Taehyung nodded in agreement and Yoongi let out a deep chuckle, "Why don't you text him back? I'm sure he's waiting for your reply."

Nodding again, Taehyung picked it up and it suddenly started ringing. Yoongi picked himself up and continued at the sink, washing the dishes and storing them in the cupboards with a small smile on his face.

"H-Hello?" Taehyung greeted, before clearing his throat.

"Hi, Taehyung," he heard Jungkook's voice quietly reply, "I'm sorry that I'm asking so soon, but could I please come over? I can hear my dad shouting downstairs and I don't want to be here."

Taehyung softly gasped, "Of course! My uncle and I can pick you up right now. Would that be okay?"

"Yeah. Please be quick." Jungkook pleaded as he hastily hung up the phone.

When Taehyung looked up, he saw Yoongi picking up his car keys from the marble bowl, "Sorry, I was listening. He said yes, right?"

Taehyung's features were presenting a mixture of nervousness and excitement, but he also didn't know what to expect. Nodding softly, him and Yoongi made their way out of the house and into the car, speedily strapping themselves in, before reversing out of the drive.

There was very little traffic on the road, which was extremely convenient for the situation.

Jungkook lived fairly close to them, so the drive was no more than 10 minutes to his house. The moment they got there, Yoongi insisted that Taehyung stayed in the car and he went to get Jungkook. With a small frown, Taehyung obliged.

Yoongi lightly knocked three times lights on the front door and the moment it opened Jungkook ran out with a busted lip, salty tears streaming down his red cheeks and got straight into the backseat of the car. Taehyung could see Yoongi talking to Jungkook's family from the car, clearly angry and frustrated.

In no time, Taehyung sprang out of the passenger seat and climbed to the back with Jungkook, who was a sobbing mess. He immediately pulled Jungkook into a hug, running his fingers through his locks of hair as the younger gripped his shirt and shook with each strained cry.

Taehyung buried his face in his hair and peppered a couple of soft kisses on his head, then he cupped his face, gently pushing it back so he could see his features.

He gasped when he saw the blood trailing down to his chin, and watched him flinch when he gingerly touched the area around it.

Jungkook's cheeks naturally had a rosiness to them, but one of his cheeks was a burning red, which made it evident he had been hit.

"Jungkook," Taehyung whispered, gazing into the vulnerable boy's teary eyes, "did your father do this?"

Jungkook suddenly cried harder, nodding and burying his face on Taehyung's chest, feeling a slight pang of guilt for getting blood on it, "I'm so sorry," Jungkook whispered.

Taehyung shook his head and wrapped his arms around him tightly, "There's no reason to say sorry. You're safe now. We will get you through this, okay?" he spoke, his deep voice soothing for Jungkook. He loved simply listening to him speak.

Taehyung pulled Jungkook closer, making him sit across his lap comfortably, still holding him close and hearing small hiccups erupt from him with small whines.

Yoongi was then to be seen opening the front car door, starting up the engine as soon as he was sat down, "Those fucking dickheads." he snarled, a look of disgust painted onto his porcelain face.

Whenever Yoongi was this mad, Taehyung knew to just sit quietly and not to annoy or question him. The duo let Yoongi drive in silence back to the house, a strange aura lingering in the car: comfort, yet discomfort. It was hard to decipher which.

Jungkook was so relieved that he had Taehyung and Yoongi.

~

IM SO SORRY FOR THE FAT WAIT!!!
i was doing so much revision for my GCSE's which have now been cancelled. how!! annoying!!

i'm of course so grateful that none of my family or friends have been infected with the corona virus, but the amount of time i spent revising was wasted :((