三十二

~

"So? I know that it will be a bit awkward at first, but I am not letting you be alone. You don't have Lisa anymore." Seokjin encouraged Taehyung, who was blankly staring at his science book.

"I made his family hate him." he simply replied as he ran his fingers through his thick hair.

"Nonsense!" Seokjin loudly exclaimed, getting hushed by his least-favourite teacher, making him roll his eyes, "You did nothing wrong, Tae."

Taehyung let out a sigh of defeat and didn't bother to reply and instead, laid his head on the grey-spotted desk. Seokjin soothingly patted his back a couple of times and focused his attention back on the textbook to attempt to answer a few more questions.

After a few minutes had passed, Seokjin began to blow in Taehyung's ear so that he lifted his head off the desk, covering it with a pout.

"So, will you join our group? It can just be for one day, if you want." Seokjin pleaded and Taehyung rolled his eyes as he let out a lengthy sigh.

"Fine. But if Jungkook doesn't want me there, I'll leave." Taehyung agreed, high-fiving a grinning Seokjin. Seokjin threw himself on Taehyung and hugged him tightly, earning himself a glare from the teacher again, but he didn't care; Taehyung was finally going to have more friends.

The lesson only lasted another 10 minutes, where both of the boys found themselves answering questions quickly in order to catch up with the rest of the class, who had been working hard for the duration of the lesson.

"You may pack up your things and have a nice day." the teacher allowed in a voice drowned in monotone. Creaking chairs and crinkling papers were to be heard over the sound of Taehyung's deep breaths.

"Are you okay?" whispered Seokjin. Taehyung's nods were only just noticeable. Seokjin gave him one more hug and led him outside to where his group would to be found on their usual bench under a beautifully-kept blossom tree.

Only Jimin and Namjoon were there when they arrived, deep into a make-out session. Just as Namjoon brought a leg over Jimin's leg to straddle him, Seokjin loudly cleared his throat, looking away with an indescribable expression.

"Oh hey, Taehyung!" Namjoon cheered, awkwardly shifting his body to sit on Jimin's lap with more comfort.

"Hi, guys." he smiled, rocking on his feet with his hands behind his back.

"Are you joining us?" questioned Jimin.

"No, sorry. I-I'm not really into threesomes." Taehyung replied with his cheeks turning crimson, making the other three burst out into laughter.

"He meant for lunch." Seokjin explained, pulling his arm and leading him to the seat next to him.

"Oh," Taehyung dragged on, "in that case, yes! If it's okay with you?"

"That's perfectly fine!" Namjoon smiled as he rummaged through his bag for his lunchbox.

"Would you mind sitting a bit more to the side, Joonie?" Jimin requested, looking uncomfortable. In response, Namjoon moved to the side. However, he continued to roll his hips, acting as though he was clueless for what it was doing to Jimin.

Seokjin and Taehyung were watching the strangely funny scene unfold in front of them and were trying not to laugh because they both knew that Jimin would get mad.

Footsteps could be heard behind them. Taehyung reluctantly turned around and was met with Hoseok and Jungkook approaching the bench, chatting away until they met eyes with him.

Seokjin discreetly patted Taehyung's thigh to encourage him while he voiced a quiet, "H-hi."

Hoseok's face lit up when he saw a new person at their bench. It wasn't often when there was a new edition to their cosy group of 5. He was quick to sit down and join in on Namjoon and Jimin's conversation, which, of course, was based on sex. Actually, it was just Namjoon gibbering on about sex with Jimin just nodding cluelessly.

Jungkook's face remained the same. He appeared unbothered. Taehyung didn't know whether to feel relieved or offended that he didn't acknowledge him. He decided that it was a bit of both.

"Why's Tae here?" Jungkook asked, peering down at the wide-eyed boy, who was staring up at him through his long eyelashes. Jungkook swallowed a lump in his throat before Seokjin turned around to explain.

"Because he's my friend. Sit down, please." requested Seokjin with a quiet voice.

"But that's my seat." Jungkook pouted, but when Seokjin simply shrugged, he let his feet drag him to a different seat. Inconveniently for him, the space left was directly opposite Taehyung and Seokjin.

Taehyung kept his eyes trained to the table as everyone around him, except for Jungkook, made conversation and ate their lunch. He felt immense guilt that he was barging into Jungkook's group, but when Seokjin wrapped an arm around his waist, he felt more at ease.

Loudly, Seokjin winced and glared at the boy opposite him who was frowning back, casting the attention onto the two of them.

"Jungkook! What the fuck, dude?" cried Seokjin, holding onto his aching shin under the table.

Jungkook's frown didn't falter as he hissed, "You should keep your hands to yourself."

"Huh?" Seokjin hummed, still holding onto his leg.

"You put your arm around him." Jungkook stated. Despite the rest of the group not knowing what was going on, they still reacted with 'ooh''s and 'ahh''s.

"He isn't your boyfriend." he pointed out, making Jungkook become tense.

Jungkook abruptly stood up from the bench and picked up his bag, his face showing no sign of emotion. After a long pause he voiced, "R-right. I'm gonna- I'm gonna go."

He felt dumb for letting his emotions get the best of him. He knew he didn't deserve to feel jealous, but he could help but feel it; he had feelings for him.

He caught Taehyung's eyes focused on him, worried and glossy. Regardless, he broke the eye contact.

He let his legs drag him to the grimy bathrooms, where he stared at himself in the mirror. He didn't like what he saw: a confused, hopeless and naïve boy looking back at him through the smeared mirror.

~