二十三

~

"Lisa, we're home." A sweet sounding voice called out from the entry way of the house.

"Lisa, can I go and meet your family?" Taehyung asked and Lisa gave him a thumbs up, not sparing a glance at him. Her eyes were glued to the TV and her hand was shoving popcorn in her mouth. He let out a small chuckle at the sight.

Despite the apprehension he was feeling, Taehyung dragged himself off the sofa and made his way to the front door. He saw Lisa's mother struggling with a couple of shopping bags and a male figure getting more out of the car.

"Ma'am, let me help you," He said, kindly taking the weighted bags from the woman's hands.

"Thank you." She said with an expression, which was a mix of surprise and delight, portrayed on her face.

He placed them on the kitchen countertop and slipped his shoes on to get the remaining bags from the car, sharing a quick smile with the woman on his way out to the car.

"Can I carry some bags, sir?" Taehyung questioned courtly, holding his hands out to grab some.

The wide shouldered man turned around and both of them were left equally as shocked as the other.

"Oh— Hi, Jungkook." Taehyung greeted, extremely confused. He was not expecting to see Jungkook, nor was he even ready to see him.

"Taehyung? You're Lisa's friend?" Jungkook questioned.

"Y-Yup," Taehyung confirmed, "Why are you here? Wait— Are you her brother?" He dumbfounded.

Jungkook nodded in confirmation, picking up some grocery bags from the boot of the car and handing them to Taehyung, making sure that his fingers grazed Taehyung's softly.

Taehyung felt his face go red and he was sure that Jungkook noticed. He saw his pretty lips form a smirk, just as he stared at him for a couple of seconds.

"Please take those into the kitchen," Jungkook requested with a smile, making Taehyung turn around to deliver them, "And, Taehyung?" Jungkook questioned, making him turn back around.

"Y-Yes?"

"Please, feel free to call me sir any time. It's kinda hot—" Jungkook teased.

"Oh, shut up." Taehyung whined, feeling quite embarrassed. With rose tinted cheeks, he scurried away and delivered the bags into the kitchen.

Their mother was unpacking the bag filled with an assortment of fruit into the wooden fruit bowl on the dining table. She heard Taehyung's footsteps approaching her and peered over her shoulder before turning around to face him.

"Nice to meet you, Taehyung." She greeted, kissing both of his cheeks.

Taehyung noticed that she looked very young, considering both of her children were in their late teenage years. Her dark brown curls fell over her shoulders, a few lighter streaks of an almond colour flowing through here and there.

He thought that her pleasant smile, which reached her round, innocent eyes, was very similar to both Lisa's and Jungkook's.

"Nice to meet you, too, ma'am." Taehyung replied, gulping. His heart started pumping faster, scared that she would judge him.

She smiled softly and patted his arm in an attempt to make him less tense, "Whenever you're here, feel free to make yourself at home. Sorry that my husband isn't here. He's at a business trip, but next time you come round he should be here." She explained.

"Next time?" Taehyung thought, surprised at how welcomed she made him feel.

"Thank you for having me," He smiled, "Would you like some help unpacking the rest of the bags, ma'am?" He offered.

She shook her head and lightly patted him on the arm again, "It's okay, I'll just get Jungkook to do it," She laughed, "But thank you, Taehyung. Also, you don't need to call me ma'am, Dasomi is fine."

"Okay. Thank you, Dasomi." He smiled as he turned around to go back into the living room with Lisa. He made sure not to make eye contact with Jungkook, who was strolling into the kitchen just as Taehyung was leaving.

"Yo, my man, Dasomi!" Jungkook jokingly greeted his mother, ruffling her hair. He reached into the fruit bowl and helped himself to one of the freshly bought apples.

"Jungkook," She scolded as she flicked the back of his neck, "you can't call me Dasomi, you little brat."

Jungkook's laughs could be heard loudly and his mother's soon followed, once she finally stopped trying to hold them in. To Taehyung, their relationship seemed almost perfect.

"I'm back!" Taehyung announced as he closed the living room door behind him,m.

Lisa paused the TV for a moment as she put the bowl of popcorn down.

"Did they annoy you? I'm sorry if they did." She asked with a roll of her eyes, but was shocked when Taehyung shook his head.

"No, they didn't. They actually seem so nice." Taehyung replied.

"Well, they're not nice to me." She mumbled, playing with her fingers in her lap.

Taehyung was a bit confused as to how she could possibly dislike them.

Regardless, Taehyung walked over to her and pulled her into a warm hug, letting her rest her head on his shoulder. He didn't really know what to say or do.

"I'm sorry, Lisa. I don't live here, so I can't see what they're like all the time," He comforted, rubbing small circles on her back, "Are they just mean for no reason, or do you provoke them?"

"Can we talk about it later? I don't want our sleepover to be depressing. I want it to be fun." Lisa asked, changing the subject.

"Of course." He said, letting go of her and climbing onto the sofa next to her.

Lisa ran to a woven basket underneath the TV and pulled out two woolly blankets and passed one to Taehyung to get comfortable in.

He leaned forward and pressed play on the remote control, then he transformed himself into a burrito with the blanket. He thought that it had quite a strong smell of smoke on it, but he decided that he would just lift his head up slightly so that the smell wasn't as invasive to his nostrils.

The two ended up getting so hooked that they ended up watching 7 episodes in a row, with only a few bathroom breaks shared between them, bringing the time to just after 7:00pm.

The sky outside was a dark blue, edging closer to the midnight black. Street lamps had flicked themselves on, creating an orange hue on the road beneath them, some of the light managing to pass through the living room windows.

Interrupting them both, a few light knocks on the living room door sounded through the room.

~