三十五

~

Rain fell from the clouded sky, filling up shallow dips and crevices in the ground. Yoongi turned off the rumbling car engine, peering over his shoulder to see the two boys in the back who were still sharing one seat.

A light smile tugged at his lips to see the two. Taehyung returned a fond expression, but Jungkook still had his head nuzzled into Taehyung's chest, with Taehyung's nose buried in his hair, so he didn't see.

He swung his car door open and pulled open Taehyung's so they could climb out. Yoongi patted Jungkook's arm and gestured for him to follow him indoors, small sniffles occasionally erupting from the youngest, but he felt somewhat dozy.

His head represented the weather: it was so clouded with a huge variety of emotion that this whole dilemma felt as though it was a dream.

He supposed it was shock that created the feeling; he was shocked that his own parents, the duo who taught him to count to ten, who scolded him for cutting his sister's hair, who cuddled him through each storm as he hid under the covers, would hit him.

The moment Yoongi unlocked the front door, he tossed his keys onto the kitchen counter and headed towards the cupboard under the stairs where the handy first aid box was to be found.

Pulling it out, he saw Taehyung pull out a chair at the dining table for him to sit on, softly playing with his hair.

"Taehyung, please could you go and wet this flannel?" he requested, making his way over to Jungkook. He passed the flannel to Taehyung and slowly crouched in front of Jungkook, tilting his head up by touching his finger to boy's chin.

"You're safe here," he whispered and Jungkook nodded in reply, his doe eyes glistening as he bit his lip. He didn't seem too affected, but Yoongi was more than aware that he was putting on a facade, yet he didn't want to push him into opening up, so he simply
bit his tongue and got on with what he needed to do.

"I'm s-sorry. I don't- I don't usually cry," Jungkook excused, but Yoongi disregarded the comment.

Yoongi studied his busted lip, letting out a tsk.

Taehyung soon returned with the flannel, soaked in lukewarm water, passing it over to Yoongi as he perched himself onto a chair next to Jungkook, ready to watch Yoongi do what he does best: care for others.

It didn't take long before Jungkook had some treatment on his wound with Taehyung attempting to stick a plaster on it, his brows furrowed and his tongue peeping from his parted lips from concentration.

The plaster barely stuck to his skin, so when Taehyung wasn't looking, he would press down on it, not letting Taehyung know that it didn't work.

Both Yoongi and Taehyung could sense his tenseness; his smile seemed slightly forced and his anxiety levels appeared to be quite high, for his leg was bouncing and his eyes couldn't focus on one spot for more than a few seconds.

It was a heartbreaking sight.

"Jungkook," Yoongi whispered, crouching back in front of him, "we will discuss what's going to happen from now in a bit, okay buddy?" Jungkook nodded.

"Taehyung, why don't you take him to your bedroom and let him have a rest? I think he needs it," he suggested, making Taehyung stand up with empathy decorating his features.

Taehyung began to walk up the stairs, momentarily stopping until Jungkook had caught up to him. He offered Jungkook a tight-lipped smile and continued to walk to his bedroom, which was just down the hallway.

He didn't know what to say, let alone whether he should say anything at all. Opening his bedroom door, he mumbled, "This is my room."

As Jungkook looked around, he made himself familiar with Taehyung's bedroom, but he tried to not seem too nosy, just curious.

"Would you like to borrow some clothes to sleep in?" Taehyung offered, gesturing to a chest of drawers across the room. Jungkook nodded, his fingers fidgeting in front of him.

He pulled out a grey t-shirt, which had a pocket on the left, and some black, cotton tracksuit bottoms because he knew how comfy they were.

Jungkook thanked him, pulling his shirt off along with his jeans, making Taehyung blush and stiffen, trying to keep his cool. He pulled the clothes on, each item filled with Taehyung's comforting scent and let out a sigh, "Thank you."

"No worries! They're comfy, huh?" Taehyung replied, masking the worry in his voice which cheerfulness.

"No. Well- yes, but I mean thank you for saving me. I wanted to say it to your uncle too, but I was so in shock that I couldn't."

"It's okay," whispered Taehyung, sitting on the bed and patting the space next to him, inviting the younger to join him, "I know he'll understand."

Jungkook's eyes glimmered and Taehyung thought he was about to cry, but he managed to hold himself together, "I can't thank you or him enough," he spoke, his voice barely a whisper.

Taehyung leaned forward, pressing a kiss to his forehead as he stood up, pulling the covers back so Jungkook could lay down, "Get some rest. I'll wake you up in a bit, okay?"

Jungkook nodded, watching Taehyung's figure make its way to the door, "Wait!" Taehyung turned around.

The youngest wiggled his forefinger, inviting the other to come closer.

And again.

And one more time.

"Yes?" Taehyung murmured, his face only a couple of inches from the doe eyed boy's.

"Am I laying in the place where you jerk off?" he questioned, a cheeky smile on his face.

Taehyung profusely blushed at the bluntness of the question, "G-get some rest!" and at that, he practically ran to turn off the light and then pulled the door to, leaving a tired, yet playful, Jungkook in his bed.

~