十四

~

The student advisor finally managed to calm Taehyung down enough to stop him from hyperventilating after the lost property ladies took Taehyung to him. They were sat opposite each other, the school counsellor on a couch and Taehyung comfortably sinked into a baby pink beanbag.

The counsellor saw that his emotions had calmed down a lot and took it as an opportunity to begin talking to the boy, "So, Taehyung," his voice in a soothing tone, "my name is Park Minsu, though feel free to call me whatever you like, okay?"

Taehyung sniffled while he fiddled with the scrunched up tissue in his hands. His gaze was fixed upon his lap as he nodded his head so the man in front of him would carry on talking.

"Would you like me to call you Taehyung, or do you have a nickname?" He asked.

Taehyung looked up and tapped a finger on his chin a couple of times while he thought.

"Taehyung, when will you let me go? It's bedtime." Yoongi grumbled as he tried to pry the small boy off him although the stubborn 10 year old boy would not let go.

He buried his head in the crevice of Yoongi's neck and shook his head, "Want to sleep with Yoongles!" He whined and clung onto his caregiver tighter.

"Taehyung, you've slept in my bed with me for the past month. You've gotta learn to sleep on your own." Yoongi explained as he sat on his bed, with Taehyung still on his front, and rubbed the little boy's back in soothing circles.

Taehyung shook his head once again and got off of Yoongi's lap then invited himself to crawl under the older's comfortable duvet, snuggling himself up and breathing in the comforting smell of his guardian from the covers.

As usual, Yoongi gave in and joined him from the other side of the bed and let Taehyung cuddle into his side, laying his head on Yoongi's chest, "You're so cuddley Taehyung, just like a little teddy bear. Maybe your new name should be Taebear." Yoongi suggested with a quiet chuckle and Taehyung let out a little giggle which Yoongi couldn't help but coo at.

After 10 minutes of back tickles and soft head kisses, he peered down at the frail boy on his chest and saw him peacefully laying there, sleep nearly taking him. He leaned to the side to switch off the lamp on his bedside table and decided to get an early night with Taehyung.

"Goodnight my little Taebear."

"G'night Yoongles."

"Taehyung?" The student advisor called, bringing his attention back to Earth.

Taehyung was going to ask for the man to call him 'Taebear' but he didn't want anyone but Yoongi to call him that, even though he never really did anymore.

Taehyung swallowed a lump in his throat as he remembered that him and Yoongi were on bad terms, before he suddenly picking up his bag and ran out of the room, praying the man behind him wouldn't chase after. He heard faint calls of his name echo throughout the hall, though his legs wouldn't let him turn back and took him across half of the campus, making him think he should join the track team.

He found himself in the boy's bathroom and burst into tears. He couldn't hear anybody else in the room, however he still covered his mouth with his sleeve anyway, not wanting to hear how fragile he sounded when he cried.