二十四

~

"What do you want?" Lisa shouted, and the door was pushed open and Jungkook's head peeped out from behind it.

"Mum was wondering if you're going to eat with us, or if you're doing your own thing." He stated, waiting for a quick answer so that they could carry on with what they were doing.

After hearing Jungkook's soft voice, Taehyung turned his head towards him and a shy smile appeared on his lips, hugging a couch pillow against his chest.

Lisa turned her head to Taehyung and asked with a soft voice, "What do you wanna do?"

Shrugging his shoulders, Taehyung replied to Lisa with a smile, "Whatever is easier will be perfect."

"He said he doesn't care. What has mum made?" Lisa asked in an unnecessarily aggressive tone to Jungkook.

"I-I didn't say I don't care. I said whatever is easier is fine!" Defended Taehyung, but Lisa simply rolled her eyes. He didn't want Jungkook to think that he was rude.

"It's the same thing. There's literally no difference." She stated, but Taehyung shook his head, disagreeing.

"They're different." Taehyung mumbled, managing to keep his voice calm and quiet.

He thought that if he pointed out his manners, Lisa might learn to treat her family with more respect. Taehyung would kill to have his family back. She was lucky to still have a family, yet she wasn't treating them well.

"Nobody cares." She scoffed, crossing her arms.

"I-I do." Taehyung stuttered. He had never seen Lisa like this before. Maybe it was because she wasn't high, or maybe it was because she hadn't had a cigarette in a while.

The room fell quiet and Jungkook cleared his throat, still stood at the door, "Uhm... Mum made tacos."

"Nobody cares what mum made, Jungkook." Lisa snapped, leaving Jungkook in a state of confusion.

"But you just asked me—"

"Just be quiet and shut your gob." She insisted and Taehyung raised his eyebrows and his mouth parted.

"Lisa, you're embarrassing yourself right now," Jungkook warned, "Also, stop being rude to Taehyung. Manners make a person way more attractive. Rudeness is ugly."

"Taehyung, just hurry up and tell it what you want to eat so it can leave us alone." Lisa shouted, yet again.

"It? Are you seriously referring to me as 'it'?" Jungkook laughed, trying to lighten the mood, but it only made the fire in Lisa grow bigger.

The room fell quiet. Mainly because she realised how awkward Taehyung must be feeling, and how she probably seemed to be extremely mean.

Taehyung turned his body to Lisa and whispered with an apologetic voice, "Are you okay?" However, she just shrugged her shoulders and sourly instructed, "Just tell it what you want already."

He turned back around and forced a smile.

"I-I'd like to eat tacos with you guys, please." Taehyung said, feeling as though the air had been turned thick with tension. He felt his anxiety levels rising with each moment passing.