A Windy Holiday on a School Day

The door opens to reveal Taichi, Daisuke and Ken, who all blink as they see Tadeoniu and Akino.

Taichi: H-Huh?... Who are you? (looks confused)

Tadeoniu: (blinks for a while before his eyes widen) W-Wait! You guys are...!

Ken: We are?

Tadeoniu: Yagami Taichi, Motomiya Daisuke, and Ichijouji Ken! (eyes go sparkly) From Digimon Adventure 02! I'm a huge fan!

Akino: Hold on, really?! (looks giddy) I love that show as well!

Tadeoniu: You kidding me?! (turns to Akino with a smile) Are you a Digimon fan?

Akino: Of course! It's one of the best old animes there are!

Tadeoniu: I know right?! (grins) What about Detective Conan or Monster Ranchers then? Do you like those too?

Akino: Why wouldn't I? They're so cool!

Tadeoniu: Kahore he feaa e pā ana ki taua! (No doubt about that! {Maori})

At that, Akino blinks.

Akino: E-Eh? What on Earth did you just say?

Tadeoniu: H-Huh?... (eyes widen) Aiya! I changed languages without knowing! I'm so sorry! I'm just used to it because my friends usually have a Maori dictionary in their phones!

Akino: It's fine! (waves it off) I usually do that as well.

Tadeoniu: You sure?

Akino: (nods with a smile) Yeah! I'm okay with it!

Tadeoniu: (smiles back) Thanks! I really appreciate it!

Akino: No problem!

Taichi: (just looks plain confused)

Ken: (blinks, tilts head slightly)

Daisuke: (loads that for a while)...... Oh. (blinks) They're non-fictioners. They mentioned Detective Conan and Monster Ranchers, meaning that they're not from this world.

That word made the two stop their excited banter for a while, slowly turning to look at Daisuke, their faces the epitome of disbelief.

Akino: (shocked) R-Repeat what you said?

Daisuke: (looks confused) I was right, wasn't I? You guys are non-fictioners.

Akino: How do you know about us?! You fictioners aren't supposed to!

Tadeoniu: (stares at Daisuke) T-That's a good question...

Ken: (thinks: Yikes, looks like Leader really was right when he said that the worlds were destabilizing... Why on Earth did he tell us that he could handle it alone?....) (mental groan) (thinks: You better know what you're doing, Leader. Otherwise, us Youkai Acknowledgers won't ever let you go for this. ... On another note, Daisuke's in trouble. Should I help him?... Meh, this is revenge for that time you pranked me in HyTS. Plus, Miyako HAD been planning on getting back at you for the time you destroyed her action figurines. This will be satisfying payback.)

Daisuke: Erm.... (is unable to make up a story) It's a long story...

Akino: (crosses arms) May we get the short version?

Tadeoniu: Preferably the one-sentence one, because I have to get back to my friends. The book burning case is going to get worse while we're gone-

Akino: Wait, hold up! (looks at Tadeoniu) You're looking into it too?!