Home Again

I woke up to a blindingly white ceiling. I had to blink the light away as I blinked my eyes rapidly. Why was it so bright? I turned my head to see that I was lying on a bed covered with a red and gold comforter. On the white wall to my left was a bookcase filled to the brim with shiny DVD cases, almost all of them adorned with a familiar logo that belonged to a world-renowned mouse. I bolted up and scanned the rest of the room. No one was allowed to have Disney movies, they had been banned for years because the cheerfulness had bothered Depression. I agreed that some parts were cliche but I still loved them.

Clothes were strung out over the floor, all in shades of red, white, or gold. A flash of metal caught my eyes. Sitting by the nightstand, unsheathed was a sword. Roman's sword. Roman's clothes. Roman's Disney collection. I was in Roman's room.

The plan had worked. Sort of but instead of Deceit coming through he had sent me. What had happened to Deceit though? What would Depression do to him now that he realized that Deceit was a spy? A familiar sense of worry settled in my stomach. I had to fix this, no matter what, for Thomas. As soon as I was done here I would return to help Deceit.

The door started to open and I froze. His eyes were so much better than I remembered, although a little duller. The creative spark had seemed to be missing. Then his eyes met mine and he smiled. I forgot about his unusually messy hair and his slightly stained white t-shirt. He was here and he was real. In seconds he was across the room with his arms around me.

"Virgil," he whispered. I squeezed him back, taking in all of him. Tears started racing down my face.

"Roman," I croaked out. "I thought I'd never see you again." He unlooped his arms from around me and cupped my face in his hands.

"Your an idiot. You should have never tried to save us, you knew he was baiting you." I shook my head.

"There was no other way, Princey and you know it." I closed my eyes and sank into his touch.

"What happened? Over there while you were gone?" he asked. "How did you get back? I thought you couldn't cross the barrier but I found you just laying there."

"Where's Pat and Logan? I want them to hear it too."

"They're with Thomas, I think, down in the living room. We can head down there if you want to." I nodded and started to sit up. I couldn't wait to see Dad again and Logan. I had missed this place so much.

Roman opened the door and I walked out of the room into a familiar hallway. Patton's door, covered in pictures and stickers was there next to Logan's which was dark blue with a technology motherboard sorta print. Then Roman's white one with a golden crown. Curious, I looked down the other way but there was only empty walls.

"My door," I whispered. It wasn't there.

"It disappeared after you did. I've walked almost all the hallways but I could never find it. It's just gone." My door had always wandered wherever it felt like but this time it was completely gone, just like my place here. I cringed but turned the other way to go down to the living room.

"Are you sure you're feeling fine, kiddo?" Patton's voice. I ached to see them all again.

"Yes just a little, I don't know, worried." Panic hit me. Thomas was worried. I needed to know what he was worried about so I could come up with scenarios to play out to fix it. Then Logan looked up and his eyes met mine.

"Virgil," he exclaimed. All three of them stood up and turned to Roman and me. Patton raced over and tackled me in a hug. Thomas joined in and Logan stood beside us, reluctant to join in. I reached my hand out and he took it. I pulled him in.

"Kiddo, your awake!"

"I missed you, Pat. And you Logan and Thomas," I gushed. Thomas and Logan pulled away but Patton stayed thoroughly attached. "Uh, Dad. You can let go now." He hung on for a few more seconds before releasing me. Thomas grabbed a pillow off of the couch to clear a spot for me to sit down, which I gratefully accepted.

"Now will you tell us?" Roman asked as he sat down on the floor.

"I, for one, am very curious about how you ended up passed out in the hallway just outside of the barrier," Logan added. My eyes hit the floor as I searched for what to say. Did I start after they left or when the planning to escape had all started? Deceit had told me that Depression was gaining power from Roman but he seemed normal.

"You know how Deceit helped us? We banded together while I was there. We stopped most of Depression's plans, just small things so he wouldn't catch on but Dep revealed to Deceit that he was gaining more and more power. Enough to make his way back here. The plan was for Deceit to come and stop the source but we were confronted," I explained. 

"They caught us at the barrier and everything went wrong. I got sent through instead of Deceit." They all paused as I ended my story.

"What was it?" Logan asked. I turned to him.

"What was what?" 

"The source," Roman explained. I fiddled with the seam of my black jeans, debating on what to say. How would they react? I had to tell them the truth though. Keeping up lies were always hard for me. It heightened my anxiety to a near panic attack level. I had to tell them the truth.

"It's you, Roman. Depression is pulling his power from you."

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Hope you like the new part and I am so sorry that it has taken so long to actually finish it. My mental health just hasn't been the best lately and I just got back from Washington D.C. That was really fun but here it is. The next part of my story! Enjoy and comment, please.