Part 3:

As he was about 3 inches away from my face, he took my notebook from in front of me, flipped to a random page, took my pen from my hand, and scribbled something down all while not breaking eye contact.

I could feel his breath on my nose and mouth. He slid back, stood up, and grabbed the book He was reading from earlier. He put the book under his arm so he could sign to me.

"Goodbye Gabriel. I look forward to seeing you again." I signed him a quick goodbye and watched him go to the front desk and check out the book. He walked to the door he turned around and looked at me. He smiled and gave me a little wave. I thought I was going to melt on the spot.

I didn't need my watch to tell me my heart was racing, but for a completely different reason. He walked out as if nothing happened. I turned back into my seat.

Did Sam almost kiss me? I could tell he was fucking teasing me. I practically flipped the page as quietly as possible to see what Sam wrote.

Eventually I found it and it said, "Text me sometime ♡" and then It had his number under it. I couldn't believe it. Sam gave me his phone number. I feel like I'm in a sappy romantic teenager movie, but instead of high school, it's college.

I would put his number in my phone, but i left it at home on the charger. I knew I wouldn't be able to focus on my project. So I gathered my things and decided to check out the book and I decided to look for a few others so I wouldn't have to come here every day.

I looked around a few more shelves and finding the books I needed were a lot easier than I thought. I went up to the front desk and checked them out. I then walked to the door and pushed it open. I stepped outside. I guess I might see Sam a lot more than I expected. People were starting to go outside, so I could only imagine it's getting close to noon. 

I turned my watch back on to keep my pulse in check. I started speed walking down to towards my apartment when on the way I spotted a cafe. I've never been inside it before. I would probably have to write down my order if I went inside. I was about to go in when I saw a certain someone sitting inside.

Oh no. He's going to think that I was following him or something weird like that. I quickly started walking away hoping that he didn't notice me but that didn't happen. I heard a beautiful voice from behind me.

"Gabriel! Hey wait up!"

I stopped and turned around to see Sam jogging up behind me. I gave him a small smile and waved hello. He chuckled and looked into my eyes.

"Hey are you following me? It seems like we're running into each other everywhere. Three places in 2 days. That has got to be a new record, for LITERALLY anyone." I giggled, put my books in my bag, then signed to him.

"No I'm not following you, but if I was, I would still tell you the same. It is pretty fortunate that we keep bumping into each other." Sam nodded showing me that he understood what I said. He put his hand on my shoulder and it was then I realized how tall he is compared to me. He's practically a giant.

"Hey man. Can I buy you a coffee or somerhing? I'll order it for you if you don't think you can or if you don't want too."

Why is this man that I met yesterday being so nice to me? Is it because he feels bad for me? I don't need his pity. I gave a weak smile and signed.

"Oh no, you don't have to do that. I don't want to waste your money and-" He cut me off right then and there.

"Oh that's nonsense. You're not wasting my time or my money. And besides, I want to buy you a drink." I start blushing. I signed him an okay and we started heading into the shop with his hand still on my shoulder. I was blushing like crazy.

Once we got inside he asked me what I wanted and I told him. He went up and ordered while I walked to an empty 2 seated table. After he was done ordering he came back to the table and sat across from me.

He rested his head on his hand and started staring at me with a goofy smile.

I signed to him, "What are you looking at?"

"You're beautiful face. I MEAN uh-" He quickly sat up and looked to the side as blush spread across his face. I giggled and he clears his throat.

"So uh, Gabriel. What are you doing with your life?" That question caught me off guard by the way he worded it. I didn't expect him to be so abrupt. "Well, I'm going to college and I major in art, but I work as a small journalist as a part time job."

"So what about you Sammy, what do you do?"

At that moment a voice from behind the counter called my name to get the coffee. Sam started to get up but I stopped him. I can get it perfectly fine on my own.

I walked up to the counter and signed the worker a thank you and nodded hoping she would get the hint that I'm mute. I grabbed the drink and went back to my seat.

"Thank you Sam. You really didn't have to do this." I just realized how crazy Sam must have sounded if someone was facing away from Sam. They would probably think he's just having a one way conversation with himself.

He simply smiled and said, "Oh but I wanted too. People should consider it an honor to buy you a drink."

I almost spit out my coffee and started choking on it. He jumped and quickly came to my side to make sure I was okay but I kept signing that I was fine over and over again. When he sat back down in his seat, I started wondering where his drink was because I saw that he had one. He was probably done with it and threw it away when he came outside to come get me. I then noticed he had a bag of his own. That reminded me of the question that he never answered.

"You never answered my question. So what do you do?"

His eyes met mine and he said, "Oh yeah, sorry. I go to college too. As as you already know. I work at that store."

I nod in affirmation and it gets quiet again. I'm surprised that I feel quite calm around him and that this silence is pretty comfortable. Normally when this happens between me and another person, it gets awkward fast, but not with this guy. I wonder what college he goes to, but I don't want to sound too intrusive so I better just leave it alone.

At this point, I caught myself staring at him. He seemed to notice too but he doesn't seem to mind. Then Sam's cell phone chimed. He looked at me and said excuse me before he pulled out his phone. I'm impressed. His mannerisms are amazing. I then saw the look on his face drop.

"I'm sorry Gabriel, I really am. I have to go now. I hope I get to see you again later!" I signed a simple goodbye to him. He picked up his bag and left while waving to me. I finished my coffee, grabbed my bag and left the cafe.
************************************************
Yaaaaaay part 3 is now done. I'm so glad that it looks more organized than on Instagram. There's also a little bit of editing happing as well as I'm rewriting some of this. Anyway, please vote and comment if you would like to, that would make me so happy!!!

Word count: 1373