Part 16

I walked over to the couch and picked up my phone to see who messaged me. I raised my eyebrows as I read the message.

"Hey I'm sorry if it feels like I was ignoring you today. Frankly I was spaced out the entire day. Can we meet somewhere to talk about things? I really need it right now. The park maybe?"

So he doesn't hate me after all, that or he's lying, but this seems rather genuine.

"Yeah, sure thing. I'll be right over in about 5 minutes."

I quickly put on my shoes, jacket, and Sam's scarf and grabbed my keys. This sounded VERY urgent. I locked the door and hurried down the steps and put the door. I realized that it was raining outside, but I didn't want to go back inside to get an umbrella, so I just held my jacket closer to my body as I walked.

After about 4 minutes, I found myself in front of the park entrance. I squinted my eyes to see a silhouette of a persons haunched over on the bench in the distance. I didn't realize how the sun had fully set and it was rather dark out. The only thing illuminating the park were street lights scattered about. I guess time really slipped by me.

I took a deep breath and started approaching the figure. My anxiety was telling me to turn around and go back home, even though I know that Sam would be the only one in the park at this hour, but there's always that possibility that it could be a stranger doing who knows what.

Suddenly I saw the person that is about 20 feet away from me look up at me. I almost froze in my tracks but my feet kept walking. At about 15 feet, the person stood up and started walking towards me. Very tall, broad shoulders, very well built, long hair, that's Sammy alright.

We met face to face, and before I knew it, he was pulling me into a hug. A very tight hug. I almost immediately hugged him back, and seemed to make him hug me a little tighter.

Suddenly I could hear soft cries coming from the taller male.

"...Gabe...it's my dad..."

Oh no, this can't possibly be good. I stopped the hug and then pulled him down so I could whisper to him, saying how my talking skills aren't that great in emotional distressing settings yet. I then wrapped my arms around his neck so I could continue the hug.

"Hey, it's going to be okay. You're going to be okay. Why don't we go to my place so we can get out of this rain and so we can talk about this."

He hung his head down so he couldn't see his face and he gave me a small nod. I grabbed his hand and then started speed walking (which is Sam's normal pace because he's so tall) out of the park with Sam close behind. Before I knew it, we were right outside of my apartment.

It was pouring down rain at this point, so we hurried inside the best we could. Once we got inside my apartment, I turned around and gave an audible gasp. He was soaking wet from the rain and shivering from the cold.

"Oh no, look at you! You poor thing, let's get you out of those clothes and into some clean warm okay?"

He gave me small nod and a quiet sniffle. I took that at my cue to get busy.

"Okay, wait here one second okay?"

He gave me another nod and a small smile. Now we're getting somewhere. I quickly ran to my room and found the biggest pajamas I could find, which I did happen to have a normal red t-shirt and red and green plaided pajama pants in Sam's size because I like baggy clothes. They feel more comfortable that way.

I went back into the other room to see Sam staring at the ground while shifting on his feet. I glanced down at the clothes and then the dryer that was tucked away into a little spot in the wall where the wall caves in specifically for a washer and dryer. I then looked back at Sam who is now looking at me.