Part 11

I blinked a few times before nodding my head slightly so he knew to go on. Sam was still averting his gaze from me and squinting his eyes a little his a little his as if he was trying to find the right words to say. Eventually he looked at me and started to speak but I could practically hear the worry in his voice. It was giving me second hand anxiety so I cringed a little bit on the inside.

"So Dean wanted to know if you could come with me to the hospital? And then to his place?" His voice went to just above a mumble. "He said he wanted to meet you because I...talk about you so much. He also says in a time like time like this I could really use...someone like you. You're the only one that I really trust outside of my family."

I was taken back. Sam really wants me to be there for him? And he trusts me enough to be there for him? He was blushing and looking down at the ground and to the side. I could see him glancing at me every few moments even though he was trying to hide it.

"Of course I will Samantha."

He looked up at me and smiled, as he chose to ignore the little nickname I gave him.

"Should we go see your father now? From the sound of it, it seemed pretty important." He looked down at his phone to check the time.

"Yeah we should probably get going."

And just like that we were out of the apartment in no time. That's when the thoughts came rolling in. What if I try to talk but nothing comes out? What if they think I'm weird and they tell me to leave? What if I embarrass Sam and he doesn't want to be friends anymore? What if they don't like me? My thoughts came to a halt when I felt an arm grab onto my arm and pull me back.

I look up to see a big truck barreling past as the driver honks the horn. I look to my right to see Sam grabbing onto my arm, almost hurting it because of his strong grip. I looked at his face and my heart immediately dropped. It was a mixture of fear and worry. I could see that he was holding back tears.

"Gabe! You almost walked in front of that truck! You could've died!"

I looked back to the road I almost walked in then back to his face. This time I saw tears were actually streaming down his face. Without thinking, I pulled him down into a tight hug. I had my arms wrapped around his neck and I started whispering into his ear.

"I'm so so sorry! I got lost in thought and I didn't see where I was going! I won't do it again!"

His grip only got tighter on my waist as he heard those words. He silently cried onto my shoulder and I rubbed his back in a soothing manner. I kept whispering soothing things until I remembered we have to get to the hospital.

"Sam I think we should get to the hospital now, and not because I got hit by a truck."

He chuckled a little bit at my joke as he let go, but he didn't let go fully. He grabbed my hand and looked off to the side so I couldn't see his face. We walked the rest of the way to the hospital holding hands.

When we walked in, and Sam let go of my hand. He looked saddened by it but maybe he just didn't want to be seen with me. That's understandable. Who wants to be seen holding hands with someone like me? He got my attention once he started to speak.

"Er- sorry. It's just, my father doesn't approve of gays and I just don't want his dying days hating me."

No. Way. Did he just? Did he just say what I think he said? I mean clearly he wasn't straight with all the flirting and moments we shared but he just flat out said it? I blinked at him a few times to make sure I was seeing straight even though I'm gay and I heard it. He looked back at me with a little bit of confusion.

"Oh come now, you had to know that I was at least a little gay. Girls have never been that appealing to me."

I started signing to him.

"Well yeah I knew, but I just didn't expect you to flat out say it."

He chuckled a little bit and he walked to the receptionist to say that there are two visitors for John Winchester.

My thoughts from before came back to the front of my mind. What if they don't like me? What if they call me a freak and they never let me see Sam again? What if they-

My watch interrupted my thoughts. Thankfully it wasn't the loud and a few people glanced up for a second. I scrambled to turned it off and Sam came back to me with a concerned face.

"Hey, it's going to be okay. They'll love you I promise."

He pulled me into his arms and I melted into his embrace. I immediately started to feel better and breathe normally. He let go of me and gave me a reassuring smile. I'll never get over that smile.

We walked to the elevator and went up to the correct floor. I could already feel my heart pounding in my ears. It was so deafening and I was starting to tremble. I felt I was on the verge of an anxiety attack and I haven't had one of those in a very very long time. And I would prefer not to start having them now. Sam stopped walking and squeezed his hand when he saw the state I'm in.

"Hey you don't have to do this if you're not up to it. I completely understand if you don't want to do this."

No. I want to do this for Sam. I want to be there for him. I'd love to meet his family, especially before his father kicks the bucket.

I shook my head and then grabbed Sam's arm as I practically dragged him to the room. We stopped at the door and I lot go of his arm. My heart rate started to pick up again. Same looked down at me and smiled that same smile I fell in love with.

"Are you ready?"

I gave him a small smile and nodded. He took that as a que to knock on the door.

After a few moments, a man answered the door. He was taller than me, but not quite as tall as Sam. Unlike Sam, he has short hair and a beard stubble. He had vibrant green eyes and he looks very tired and pretty stressed. I also noted that he stands a little odd, like if his legs were allergic to the other.

He gave a small smile of relief when he saw Sam and he greeted him with a hug. He let go and then his eyes drifted down to me.

"Sam said that you were short but I expected you to be taller."

Sam gave him a small punch in the arm as to shut him up. My face turned a little red. Partially from the embarrassment and also because Sam talks about me when I'm not around. The man gave out a heart laugh and extended his hand towards me.

"You must be Gabriel. I'm his older brother Dean. Sam has said quite a lot about you."

Dean said the last sentence with a smirk and I looked up at Sam. His face turned a dark red and he punched his arm a little harder than last time. What has Sam said about me to get that response?

I took Dean's hand and gave him a firm handshake, despite my hand being a few sizes smaller. I may be small, but I am a lot stronger than I look. Dean seemed pleased with the handshake and I think I left a good first impression. Dean was about to let us in but then he hesitated. His smile dropped and he glanced behind him.

"Can we have a word outside?"

Sam and I both nodded at the same time and we all stepped out of the doorway and into the hallway as Dean silently and slowly closed the door. He turned to us and started talking right above a whisper.

"So I understand that you're mute yes? Well, selectively?"

I nodded my head yes. He gave a small smile to me and the smirk soon reappeared on his face.

"Well its a good thing that Sam made me learn how to sign soon after he started talking to you."

My eyes widened and I looked at him. His face turned a dark red again and he quickly looked away. Did he really do that for me?

"I'm also sure that Sam also told you about our father?"
************************************************
Sorry it took so long to get this part out. Apparently I underestimated how Hong it would take and I haven't really had much writing opportunities lately. Leave a vote and a comment if you're enjoying the story!

Word count: 1571