Part 19

"Yes, I will forgive you dad."

Every single person except for Cassie jumped back in surprise.

"Oh yeah I forgot to tell you guys, Gabriel is starting to talk again."

My dad embraced me in a hug.

"I'm so proud of you Gabriel. What caused you to start opening up again? This must be very hard on you."

My face started to heat up.

Oh boy. Do I tell them about Sam? Do they really accept me now or are they just lying to me? Will they hate me if I tell them? I just got them back, I don't want to lose them again. What if-

I got interrupted by Cas pulling me into my bedroom.

"Hey Gabe, it's going to be okay. We aren't the same people you knew six years ago. I can assure you that they're going to be okay with you talking about your massive crush. They're not going to be mad, I promise."

It's like he read my mind. Some would say that it's the sibling bond, but it could've been he knows about Sam and he could probably see the anxiety on my face.

"But if you don't feel comfortable telling them, then that's okay. This is the first you've seen them in six years and they're already getting personal, so you don't have to answer anything, okay?

I took a deep breath in to quiet my thoughts.

"It's okay, it's okay. I'll tell them."

I started to take a few steps out or the room when I felt Cas's hand grab my arm.

"Wait, I uh, I need to make a phone call, it's super important and I suddenly remembered it. And you shouldn't go out there and tell them yourself."

I raised my eyebrow and shot him a look of confusion.

"Why?"

He started to shift of his feet as if he was trying to hide something.

"I'm almost positive that they'll be accepting, but what if I'm wrong?"

My face dropped.

What if he's right? Everyone makes mistakes and misjudgments, so he could be wrong. Oh god, I definitely can't go through with this.

Cas grabbed both of my shoulders and got me to look at him.

"Hey now, it's going to be okay. Especially if I'm there to help you if things go south. After all, I'm gay too so they're going to have to get through me to get to you. That and you're my baby brother and I'll never let them hurt you again."

Wait...

WAIT HOLD ON

CASSIE IS GAY???????????¿????

I would've fallen over if it wasn't for him holding me up. After I finally found my balance, I stared up at him in disbelief.

"Wait one goddamn minute, you're gay??????"

Cas gave me a small but genuine smile.

"Yeah I realized it a few years after you left. Dad wasn't the happiest but he let me stay regardless because there was no one left in the house and he didn't want to feel lonely."

Maybe that's another reason why Cas is trying to undo the wrongdoings. I mean, it doesn't seem very fair that I got kicked out for being gay but Cas didn't because dad just didn't want to be lonely.