Part 14

I woke up the next morning with the bed feeling lighter than normal. I sat up to see the tall moose missing. I glanced around and spotted a note on the side table, so I picked it up and started to read.

Gabe,
Since I have class today, I had to go home so I could properly get ready. I didn't want impose on you in your home. Thanks for letting me stay! I'm terribly sorry if I caused you any trouble.
- Sam :) <3

I smiled to myself and put the note down. I glanced at my clock and saw the time. I groaned as I saw that I also had to get ready for classes.

I slid out of bed and headed off to the bathroom to take a shower, then brushed my hair and teeth afterwards. Once that was over, I left and got dressed in a red t-shirt and black jeans. Not normally what I wear but it'll make do. I slipped on some black socks and then I headed out to the kitchen.

I decided to make some toast and when I put the bread in, I glanced over at the bag of suckers sitting on my counter. In this moment, I'm so thankful for my candy addiction. If it weren't for the sweet little candies, then I wouldn't have met Sam Winchester when I did.

I walked over to the bag and grabbed a few to stuff in my college bag. After stuffing at least ten of those things in my bag, I heard the toast pop out. I will never stop jumping at the sound. No matter how much I prepare myself for it, I always flinch.

I ate the toast slowly after putting about a fourth of the jar of strawberry jam on it. I really didn't want to go to class today. Even though Sam being there makes my heart skip a beat, I'm just not feeling it today. Speaking of Sam, what even are we? Yes we kissed but we never established anything. Maybe I'll ask today.

As I ate the last of the toast, I put on my jacket and the scarf that Sam lent me. I held it to my face for a moment before letting it fall to my neck. It smells just like him. Am I going to give this back? Hell no.

I slipped on my shoes and then grabbed my bag. I quickly walked around my apartment to make sure I turned everything off. I then made my way to the counter to grab my keys. I walked out of the apartment and made sure that I locked my door. I tried the doorknob out of habit just to make sure it's locked. I headed down the stairs and out the apartment.

Once I got outside I felt the wind blow my hair into my face. It was rather chilly, even though it wasn't that cold outside if there was no wind. I wrapped the jacket around me a little tighter and headed off in the direction of the college.

I was lost in thought once again when I suddenly found myself in the front of the school. I checked my watch quickly to see that time has in fact moved and I started slouching inwards as I became aware of all the people around me. I really need to stop getting lost in thought whenever I'm going somewhere.

I pushed open the school doors and quickly and quietly made my way to my class. Once I reached the classroom door, I pushed it open to see a few students already in there, it was mainly the "nerdy" type of students that were already in their seats.

A few minutes later, I watched Sam rush in. He seemed a little panicky, trust me I know when I see it. It might be because class starts in a minute but something is telling me otherwise. He didn't look in my direction and went straight to his seat. Once he sat down he put his head down on the table. Yeah there's something bothering him.

Was it something I did? My heart skipped a beat and I felt a pang of sadness of just the thought of making my dear Samantha upset. I quickly shut the watch off before it could make a sound. I've gotten rather good at turning the watch off and on quickly. I don't know why I even bother with it anymore, I guess it's better to keep doing it incase of an emergency. You don't know when the unexpected will happen.

I started to think logically. I don't think he is upset with me, so the reason he's upset is most likely because of the phone call he got last night. But on the other hand, my anxiety started to get the better of me. Oh yeah he totally hates me. Why else would he ignore me if he didn't have a problem with me? Well maybe something happened to his father and he just wants to be alone?

With the battle with my brain going on, I almost stood up to go check up on Sam, but of course the bell rang so I couldn't. I guess I'll just have to wait to see him after class.

He stayed like that the rest of the class, not lifting his head up once. It was hard for me to pay attention to what the professor was saying because I was watching Sam carefully. Every stir he made, every little grunt. It was almost like he was sleeping but I could tell he wasn't. He was moving around too much and his breathing wasn't nearly as slow as it should be, nor was it in a steady rhythm.

The bell rang once again signaling that class was over. As I grabbed my stuff and started to head over to the giant moose, but he suddenly stood up, grabbed his things, and bolted right to the door. I could feel him brush past me and he didn't even look up from the ground. I don't think he even knew I was standing there.

I didn't see him again until the end of classes when I saw him practically jogging out of the school and down the front steps. By the time I got outside I saw him turning the corner of the school entrance in the opposite direction of my apartment.

I gave a sigh as I quickly made my way down the front steps and headed down the path. When I got to the front entrance I looked at the direction he went and he was no longer there. Something tells me he started running when he got out of sight from the other students.

I headed in my own direction towards my apartment with my head swarming with questions. Was he avoiding me? Or was he just in his head the entire day? I mean, I do the same thing a lot but I'm not usually in my head for that long especially when I need to be paying attention. Speaking of which, I should start paying attention to where I'm going.

And with that thought I was snapped back into reality when I felt a strong wind go past me and a car horn was blasting in my ears.

I was frozen in my place. I physically couldn't move. Oh my god. Oh my GOD I ALMOST DIED! A FUCKING CAR ALMOST HIT ME! AGAIN! Okay, okay, hold it together. We don't want a mental breakdown in public now do we? I started doing my breathing exercises as I looked both ways this time before crossing the street. Once I saw that it was all clear, I practically ran to the other side of the street. I didn't stop running until I was running up the stairs to my apartment.

I slammed my apartment door with a shaky sigh and I threw my bag across the room. I slid down the door like I did the coming back from the hospital. I couldn't stop the tears as thoughts of almost dying and Sam hating me came flooding in my mind. I brought my knees to my chest and burying my face into them like it was a pillow.

Why didn't I have the same reaction when Sam stopped me from getting hit by a car? Maybe it's because he calms me in a way that no one is else can. And I know it's selfish, but I need him. He probably doesn't feel the same way. If anything, he probably finds me revolting. Especially after the kiss. Of course! Why didn't I see it sooner? That's why he's avoiding me. Or maybe something really did happen with his family and I'm just being selfish and thinking only about me.

I slowly stood up and took my jacket, the scarf that reminds me of Sam, and my shoes. It's almost like it's bitter sweet now to wear the scarf now. I walked over to the couch and slumped over it, not caring that my face hit the soft surface. I stayed like that until I heard a knock on the door. I looked up to see that I was laying there for 2 hours. I don't think I fell asleep, I was conscious the whole time. Maybe I got lost in thought again. I slowly stood up to answer the door.

I was a little confused by who could be at my door. I don't get visitors often besides Charlie, but when she visits, she normally says something through the door. And I doubt it would be Sam because when he came over, he talked through the door as well.

I walked over to the door and looked through the peep hole. When I did, my eyes widened.
************************************************
I'm so sorry it took me this long to write another part! Than you so much with being patient with me!

Word count: 1671