Part 24

Once the two of us made it onto the plane, Sam took both of our bags and put it in the overhead above our seats.

"You can have the window seat if you want, I won't mind. I want you the be the most comfortable you can be on the way there."

I took my seat by the window while Sam took the seat next to me.

He definitely makes me feel safer, but how safe exactly? Like I know I'm about to meet his mom, but wouldn't Dean be coming with? Wouldn't he like to see his mom too? And so soon of his dad passing too. Not to mention that we JUST started dating. This doesn't feel right, I don't feel right.

I felt a hand squeeze mine.

"Hey, you're going to be okay. I promise."

I flashed him a small smile and then started to stare out the window.

Wait, when did we take off?

I thought I would've noticed, maybe I was just to worried or something like that. Before I knew it, I started to nod off.
——————————————————————
I woke up to Sam gently shaking me awake.

"It's time to go hun, we're here!"

Wait, were here?! Oh no, I haven't had time to mentally prepare myself for this moment.

I shakily stood from my seat and looked at Sam's bright smile. He was already holding both of our bags.

"Come on! We don't want to keep them waiting!"

Wait, who's them?

He shifted both bags onto his left hand reached out to my hand with his right. I slowly accepted his offer as he pulled me off the the left.

Soon enough, we saw a man standing to some sort of expensive car. I have no clue what the model is and I know Dean would mad if he knew that I know absolutely nothing about cars.

The man's gaze drifted over to the two of us as we approached. He opened the door for us.

"Mr. Winchester, Mr. Novak."

Mr. Novak? He must be talking about me. How much about me did he actually say to his family? And why did he never tell me about this side of his family?

I hesitated, causing Sam to stop entirely. He turned around and his expression softened at the sight of mine. He pulled me into soft hug that I gratefully accepted. He softly started to talk into my ear.

"I know I'm throwing a lot at you, and I'm sorry. I don't exactly understand your anxiety, but I'll never stop being supportive or trying to make things better. I know this is a lot to ask, but you've trusted me this far, please don't give up on me now. We're so close."

I let out a shaky breath that I didn't know I was holding. I do trust him, it's not that I don't, but it's all so much and I don't know how much more of all of this I can take. I could probably do this if it was little by little but this is all at once.

"Okay, okay. Let's just go."

Sam gave me a sad smile as he probably sensed that I'm not exactly thrilled to be here right now. He picked up the bags that he must've put down when he hugged me and took my hand once again with his other hand.

"Do you want to get into the car first or me?"

I quickly looked over to the man that I completely forgot in the heat of the moment, my face immediately heating up at the embarrassment.

Oh no, he saw all of that!

Not wanting to be near the man that I assume is the driver, I quickly climbed into the back seat of the car, surprising Sam with how quickly I climbed in. I scooted to the far right side to make room for Sam, who climbed in after me.

I jumped when I heard the trunk loudly close behind me. Sam instinctively grabbed my hand as a response. I spun around to see that the driver had put our bags in trunk and was walking back around to the driver side. Without a word, he got into the car and took off.

I gave Sam a stern look and he looked back at me quizzically.

"What?"

I let out a soft sigh. How could someone be so smart yet so oblivious.

"What? Really? I have no idea where I am or where I'm going because you haven't told me anything."

A weak side smile started to spread on his face. He glanced out the window next to him while his body was still slightly facing me. He looks like he's hiding something but wants to tell me, something else other than where we are. He turned his head back in my direction and looked me in the eyes.

"Okay, I'll tell you where we are."

He looked back out the window, almost as if he was looking at the surroundings because he wasn't too sure of where we are himself, but I know he was just collecting himself. He took a deep breath and turned back to me once again.

"We're in England!"

My eyes lit up.

England? I've always wanted to come here but the thought of travel always terrified me and I didn't have too much money when I "moved out".

"Wait, England?! Really? No kidding?"

A n expression of relief flashed across Sam's face.

"Oh I'm so glad you've wanted to come here, I was kind of worried that you wouldn't like the thought of coming here and then you'd get upset with me. I didn't really think of this through."

He really can be a dingus sometimes, but I like that about him. It makes our time together that much more fun.

"You lucked out this time Winchester, but you might not be so lucky next time."

We both shared a laugh as we pulled into this gate before a driveway. The driver punched in a pin in the keypad and the gates opened. We pulled in and I looked out the window at a house that left me speechless, and that wasn't from my anxiety.
————————————————————————
I'm so sorry that it took me 5 months to write this, I've had an extreme lack of motivation to write.

Word count: 1060