Part 7

Sam to be in a really good mood today. That makes me really happy seeing him like this. He led me into the park all smiles. He let go of my hand which was a little disappointing, but I didn't say anything.

He started skipping to the bench and I kept my normal walking speed. God he's so adorable. It might be because there's absolutely no people in the park at this moment, but I felt comfortable with him.

I looked at the bench and the images of my dream came flooding into my head. I suddenly got this really huge urge to do something I haven't done in a long time. I cleared my throat silently and tried to make a sound. A raspy whisper is all that came out because I haven't used my vocal chords in a very long time. I cleared my throat again and I managed to whisper the word 'Sam' but he can't hear me for how quiet again. I wanted to give up at this point but something was telling me that I can't give up now. I cleared my throat audibly this time. I picked up my pace to make sure he could hear me. There was about ten feet between us and he was about to reach the bench. I looked up at him and slowly inhaled.

"Sam!"

He stopped dead in his tracks and so did I. I can't believe I did it, and that was much louder then I expected. He slowly turned around and looked at me with a shocked expression on his face. Oh no, did he not like that? Maybe I shouldn't have said anything at all. His mouth moved like he was saying words but nothing came out. Finally after some uncomfortable silence, he gets something out.

"Did you just..."

I slowly shook my head yes. His shocked expression suddenly changed to one of happiness. His smile was the biggest one I've seen yet. He started jumping up and down like a teenage girl who just got a new iPhone. He ran over to me and put his arms around me at my waist and picked me up so he could hug me easier. He even started to spin me around, like how you see in the movies. I was so taken back, but after a while I hugged back. He put me down and looked me straight in the eyes and put his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm so happy you decided you trust me enough to talk to me! Thank you! But please don't feel like you have strain your voice to talk me, i like you just the way you are and I don't want you to hurt yourself."

Wow that went a lot better than expected. I honestly thought he would take it worse but this is just so nice for a change. He seems so genuinely happy, I couldn't help but smile. I cleared my throat to try to talk again.

"Hey I'm okay. Isn't that what vocal chords do? I'm just not used to it that's all."

I said that sentence a lot slower than what would be considered human, it kinda sounded like when someone tells you to slow down so you get so unbearably slow they get frustrated at you. He smiled in understanding and patience. I once again got lost into his beautiful hazel eyes that I swear changes colors every time I look into them. I just now realized that his hand is on my shoulder. I raised my shoulder up to my ear and leaned my head to the side so I could rest my head on his hand and I closed my eyes. I was surprised to find that his hand is warm despite it being pretty cold out.

I could feel him jump in surprise but then he repositioned his hand so he was holding my face. My heart started racing and suddenly I don't think I need the warmth of his hand anymore because of my blush. Good thing my watch is off otherwise it would be so loud. I opened my eyes and looked at Sam. His soft expression turned into a huge smirk. This can't be good. He brought his other hand up to my face so now he's completely holding my head.

"Hey Gabe, you feeling okay? Your face is pretty warm despite it being pretty cold out."

That bastard, he's teasing me! I only blushed more at that statement.

"I'm fine."

I mumbled that so quietly but I can clearly tell Sam heard that because he just got this huge devilish grin on his face. He started to lean in closer to me.

"What was that? I didn't quite catch what you said."
He slowly moved his hands down to my shoulders.

"I uh..."

Maybe it was my lack of using my voice, or maybe it was the fact that Sam fucking Winchester is so close to my face, but I was freaking out so much that I forgot how to speak, not that I couldn't.

"Hm? I can't really hear you."

I didn't quite realize it but I was actually looking up at him and slightly leaning in too. I could feel his hot breath on my lips.

When we are about and inch away from each other, Sam's phone started to ring and he didn't look too happy.

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me."

I'm not gonna lie, I'm just as disappointed as he is. Once again, the stupid phone interrupted us. I watched him fumble with his pocket to fish his phone out. When he got it out and checked his caller ID, his annoyed expression just intensified.

He looked back up at me and said, "I'm so sorry but I have to take this."

I smiled in understanding. He gave a weak smile back and he started walking off for privacy. He didn't go that far but I could still hear him. He wasn't that quiet on the call.

"What do you want?!" He stopped walking dead in his tracks and stood for a moment.

"Dean, slow down...I can't understand you. Is he okay?" I watched him stand there for about 30 seconds and I saw his shoulders drop and he started slouching.

"Okay, I'll be there as soon as I can. There's something that I need to-...what? I have to come now?...Yes I care for him! Why would you say that?....Look I know you're upset...Dean stop arguing with me on this, I'll be right over...Jerk."

He hung up his phone and turned around and started walking back to me. From what I've been told, and from what I've heard in that conversation, I'm assuming this 'Dean' is a family member and they were discussing Sam's dad. When he reached me, he have me a very sad and weak smile.

"I'm sorry, that was my brother, Dean. Our father is getting worse and he wants me to come over right away." I tried to speak back but my voice gave out. I think I used my voice too much today, so I started signing.

"I completely understand. You should go to them, family is family right?" He looked at me sadly.

"Yeah but I want to walk you home." I looked him in the eye with one of the most serious looks I've pulled.

"A lot can happen in the time it takes to get to my place. Do you really want to risk that? He may be stable now, but he might not be in 5 minutes. Sam it's okay, you can go. I don't blame you for having family emergencies. Everyone has them. I'm not going anywhere Sam, you'll see me soon enough." His expression softened because he knows I'm right.
***********************************************
I'm avoiding my responsibilities so here's another part. Vote and comment if you'd like!

Word count: 1323