Part 21

POV: Gabriel

I could hear Cassie trying to hide his laughter.

"Hey what's so funny?"

I crossed my arms and started to pout. I gave him that annoyed glare that I give people.

Clearly my childlike method of looking angry didn't work, as it just made him laugh harder.

"Oh wait til I show you this."

I looked at him in confusion and looked at everyone else to see if they shared the same confused look. They didn't.

Cas headed over to the table and picked up a phone, probably his phone.

"Okay guy, you can unmute yourselves now."

What?

WHAT???

Who was listening to all of that???? Oh god I got really personal and emotional!

A roar of sound suddenly came from the phone. For a second I couldn't exactly tell what that sound was but then I came to the conclusion that it is two people. One person was laughing really hard and the other one was straight up screaming.

"Oh Cas, that was priceless!"

Wait...

DEAN?!

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD I HOPE THE OTHER PERSON ISN'T SAM!!!!!

"Is this the phone call you were talking about?!"

Cas looked at me with a shit eating grin.

"Yep!"

The other person had finally stopped screaming to say one thing.

"We're coming over."

"Wait no don't! I have my family ov-"

Click

"er"

I gave a rather loud and dramatic sigh while pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Caaaaaaaas why did you do thaaaaaat???? Now he definitely knows about my huge crush, not that he didn't before, and now he's coming...over....here."

Oh no

"OH GOD HE'S COMING OVER HERE! CAS THIS IS A FAMILY DAY BUT I CANT TELL HIM NO! OH GOD WHAT DO I DO????"

My family all gave each other that knowing look and gave a sad smile to me. Luci came up to me and he put a hand on my shoulder.

"We can come back tomorrow, or better yet, we can all go somewhere a little less cramped because let's be honest, this place is too small to hold all of us. How about the park tomorrow around noon?

"Yeah, yeah okay. Yeah that seems good. I'm so sorry about all of this guys."

"Don't be, life happens sometimes. See ya buddy."

He used to call me buddy when we were kids. Him being the oldest and me being the youngest, it just fit.

"Bye guys!"

And just like that, they all piled out of my apartment. Well, all for except one. Cas still stood by my table looking rather conflicted.

"I'm sorry Gabe, I didn't think you'd react that way. I thought you wanted him to know and I just thought-"

I interrupted him by laughing and giving him a hug.

"Don't apologize Cassie. I did want him to know and I definitely wouldn't have been able to say all of that to his face, so I guess I should thank you."

I let go of him and we both shared a smile.

"Buuuuuut, he's coming over here to talk to me about it and that makes me worried because so much could happen."

Cas's eyes suddenly lit up.

"Riiiiight, I should probably leave you to get ready for that. And while you do that, I need to go murder dean for being stupid. Bye Gabe!"

"Bye!"

And then it was empty in the apartment.

I never knew that Cas and Dean knew each other, let alone Cas has a crush on him. I guess it's just something about those Winchesters that us Novaks like.

I looked around the apartment to see that it seemed pretty tidy except for the blankets and pillows that Sam and Dean left.

I quickly put those away reached up to touch my head.

Ew.

My hair is greasy as shit and so now would probably be the best time to take a much needed shower.

Once I got out, I changed my underwear and just put the same clothes I was wearing because I just put them on like an hour ago.

I pulled out the hair dryer and stood there blow drying my hair for about 5 minutes because it takes forever for my hair to dry, even if it's not drying naturally. After I put on deodorant and was finishing brushing my teeth, I heard a knock at the door.

I quickly rushed out of the bathroom and headed straight to the front door. I grabbed the doorknob and hesitated turning it. This situation could turn in several different ways, even though I'm almost positive that it will turn out well. Do I really want to hear what he has to say? What if it's not what I think? What if he came over to tell me that he doesn't feel the same way and that he was just being friendly? Well if he calls that friendly, then that's definitely an intimate way of showing it.

I took a deep breath and opened the door to see a tall man who has never looked more small in his entire life. His shoulders were slumped forwards with his hair falling in front of his eyes. His hands were in his pockets and the way his mouth was angled showed that he appeared almost as nervous as I am.

"Sam! Come in."

He obliged without saying a single word to me.

Oh boy, this is not going to go well for me.
***********************************************
Whoop, sorry for the shorter part guys.

Word count: 918