Part 15

I opened the door quickly to discover someone who has never been to my apartment before, but someone I'm all to familiar with.

"Hello Gabriel."

"Cas? Hey! What are you doing here? I thought none of you wanted to see me anymore."

I surprised myself with talking, and it looks like I surprised my older brother as well. Maybe it's because I'm comfortable around Cas, and don't tell him I said this, but he's one of my favorites out of the rest of my siblings.

I stepped out of the way so he could step inside, which he did.

"Well things change. I missed you brother. A lot actually. The family feels so empty without you, at least for Lucifer and I. Believe it or not, we really miss your pranks the most. The others don't have a grudge against you anymore. Well maybe except for dad, but you know how he is. He is putting an effort to change so that's nice. He's really trying."

Of course. I didn't expect anything different from him. Sometimes he used to act like he was God himself. I doubt much has changed but I trust Cassie's word.

"Ah yes. Dad can get, a little cruel sometimes. But what can I do about it? Does the fam really not care anymore?"

"Not really. Everyone seems pretty cool with it, and I'm glad."

Cas looked around my apartment looking at every single detail. Good thing my anxiety keeps me on my toes when it comes to keeping my apartment clean. Suddenly Cas turned to me with cold and serious eyes. I haven't seen that look in ages and it sent a shiver down my spine. The last time he looked at me like that was when my family shunned me away. Except this look didn't have the anger and hatred behind it.

"Gabriel, it was extremely unfair of us to turn away on you like that. You didn't deserve any of it and you had to get your life together at such a young age. And for this, I wholeheartedly apologize."

My eyes widened in shock. Not only did a brother of mine visit me after six years of not seeing or even speaking for that matter, he apologized for how he treated me. This is unreal. I can't believe this is happening.

"It's okay Cas, really it is. Don't worry about it."

"No it's not okay Gabriel. We kicked you out when you were fifteen for crying out loud! You were lucky to find a job at that age, let alone an apartment! I'm just glad you were able to go to college like you always wanted at the same time as everyone else. You had to go through high school alone, you had to become an adult quickly and alone, I'm so terribly sorry!"

I didn't know what to say. I was absolutely stunned. I opened my mouth to say something, anything, but nothing came out. Not even a little sound.

"So I've noticed you're speaking. You never spoke in the last year of you living with the family."

"Yeah haha. Funny story, I actually met someone who helped me ease back into talking more often. I still don't talk that much in public, but baby steps you know?"

His eyes widened a little bit and a smirk grew on his face. There he is. That's the Cassie I know. That's the Cassie I grew up with. Yes he was always this monotone and "proper" but he always had a childish side. Especially when we were teenagers and we were just kids.

"Aww! Does my baby brother have a cruuuush?!~"

He held out the word 'crush' and gave it a sing-song tone to it. I quickly buried my face into my hands to hide my embarrassment.

"Noooooo Cas stooooop!"

Cas quickly pulled my hands away from my face and led me to the couch, where he then sat me down and then sat right beside me.