CHAPTER 9: Clueless and Coincidence

Right after Dahyun and I bids goodbye to each other. I immediately headed to my car parked in front of the restaurant. I'm still thinking if I'll go back in Gyeonggi-do or just stay here in Seoul with my mom until our short break's finish. After a couple of minutes, I've finally decided to just stay here for awhile since I also miss our home here. I turn on the ignition of my car since it is just a short drive from here going to our house. While driving I remembered that I need to save the number that I've memorized. Thankfully, I do have a good memory but damn I wasn't even sure if I'll still get it correctly. And how would I know that I got the correct number if there's even no chance for her to reply back?

------

I pulled the car off and I can see from here that there's someone in our house. I wasn't expecting to find someone at this time since I knew my mom is working during weekdays and she'll probably be home later. I walked-in quickly and found out that it was eomma.

"Eomma. I thought you are on your work." I spoke that made her flustered not even expecting to see me.

"I supposedly be but I'm not feeling well today" she answered.

My mom's working so hard and she doesn't even contact us if she feels unwell. Is this always what happens when we are not around? I feel so guilty seeing her being sick without having someone to attend on her. She always tells us she's fine and she never gets sick but she's just hiding.

"Eomma. You're sick. Why you would not even called us?" I asked

"Why are you here? Did you drive alone?" she didn't even answer my question thus she throw question to me instead.

"Eomma. Ne. I drive safely going here. I met up with Dahyun and just decided to stay here for awhile"

"Eomma you're sick, why aren't you informing us?" I asked.

"I'm fine. This is just a fever due to loaded paper works" She jokes.

"Good thing that my baby girl is here to look after me" she added.

"I will really look after you, eomma." I said then hugged her.

I'm really worried about mom being sick. She always shows us that she's strong though sometimes she is unwell she still goes to work, today is an exception.

"Eomma. I'll just go to my room to change clothes"

She just nodded so I walked past by her going to my room. Shoot! I almost forgot to save the number that I've been memorizing and being marked on my mind since earlier.

I opened my phone and immediately opened the contacts application to save a new contact. I type in the number that I've memorized but there's an error showing up.

-The number is already saved!-

I'm really confused so I rolled up my contacts to find the same number that is currently saved to my contacts. But my mind started to be bombarded with thoughts as I found out that the same number that the error is showing up is Sharon's number.

"Did I memorized it correctly?" I asked myself.

It can't be wrong. I know for sure that these are the combination of numbers. Five fucking seconds is enough for me to memorize it considering that Dahyun counts slowly. This really makes me crazy. It can't be wrong and it can't be Sharon as well. What the fuck.

MINA'S POV

I just went back with Momo, Sana, and Jihyo, we just finished our filming for a variety show. We do have an individual schedules today so we are separated. Luckily, I got to be with three of my co-members because I don't think I can do better with the filming if I'm alone. I look around checking if someone's already home aside from us and there I found Dahyun lying on the couch.

"Dahyun-ah, how's meeting with your friend?" Jihyo asked towards Dahyun who is by now holding her phone.

"It's great. I had fun." Dahyun answered.

"You met with Chaeyoung right? Your old school best friend?"

Wait, did she just mentioned Chaeyoung? There's a lot of Chaeyoung in Korea so it's probably just a coincidence. It cannot be and it is impossible to be the Chaeyoung that I'm talking with.

"Ne. How'd you know unnie?" Dahyun asked to Jihyo curiously.

"Last time when you went to Dunchon-dong you told me that you meet up with your old friend, Chaeyoung. It's the same place so I assume it's Chaeyoung again" Jihyo explained.

"Ohh. Okay. By the way, i'll let you see her picture. Look at her, she's fierce when you first saw her but she's really cute" Dahyun proudly said while giving Jihyo her phone to take a look at the photo. Jihyo quickly grabbed Dahyun's phone showing that she's really interested. So since that I'm sitting beside Jihyo right now, I can also see the photo. It's Dahyun and her friend named Chaeyoung. She's pretty, cute and fierce. You can resemble a lot of characters by just looking at her but one thing I'm sure with is that she looks like a baby tiger.

"She looks like an adorable baby tiger" I suddenly uttered out of amazement but I quickly covered my mouth because I wasn't even the one who is supposedly be giving opinion.

"She's really a tiger" Dahyun responds while laughing hard.

"She could be a celebrity" Jihyo said.

"We both wanted to become idols but she chose to play football" Dahyun explained

Chaeyoung? Football? It can't be the same person. Is it just a coincidence that the Chaeyoung that Dahyun knew also plays football same thing to the Chaeyoung that I knew. It really frustrates me by just thinking about that. I mean, she's just my virtual friend so it doesn't even matter whoever she is because I don't know her personally and she may be knew who I am but she really doesn't knew that I am the one she's talking with.

"Oh. I see." Jihyo answered. 

My deeps thought went away when Jihyo answered Dahyun. Who could not be awaken? Hearing Jihyo's voice is just like hearing two persons speaking at the same time. I just stared somewhere letting myself be drowned again with my thoughts. Do I need to tell her the truth or this is not the time yet? She's just my virtual friend but I can't even bear lying on someone because I know that my guiltiness will always hit me.