CHAPTER 38: Stay by my side (私のそばにいる)

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

"Who's your roommate Chaeng?" Somi asked as soon as we arrived at the hotel to where we're staying for a month.

"Idiot. Why are you asking? It's you" I answered.

She just laughed then pinched my arms. I'm not in the mood at this moment so I just smiled at her. I'm pretending that I'm fine but I'm still bothered of what happened in the airport.

Her out of mind looks, her deep stare, her curiosity, her sad face while wearing a huge hoodie is still embedded in my mind. Seeing her running away because of what she has witnessed doesn't made me feel contented but guilty rather. I instantly saw her when she entered the airport entrance and at that exact moment there's only one thing that comes up to my mind, to have revenge. I felt so much anger as I saw her walking to the point that I've come up with a stupid idea.

I held Yerin's hand and pretend that I'm so happy although I wanted to burst out with tears because of how frustrated I am. When I saw her just standing while watching I even kissed Yerin to return all the pain that she had given me. I wanted revenge but damn, I really love her.

"By the way Chaeng, why'd you kiss Yerin at the airport? Are you guys dating?" Somi asked.

"No. We're not" I honestly answered.

"Then what's that for?" she curiously asked.

"Just an act"

"Act for what?"

I just looked at her then smirk. I'm seriously not in the mood to answer all her questions. Thankfully she immediately realized that I'm not into talking at the moment so she just remained quiet while unpacking all her things.

As I'm starting to unpack my things, my phone suddenly started to ring so I immediately grabbed it from my pocket.

"Chaeyoung?" I heard from the other line as soon as I picked up the phone call.

"What?" I answered since I don't have an idea who's calling because I just answered it without checking the name.

"Please help us." As soon as I heard her speak longer I realized that it's Dahyun.

"Why?" I curiously asked since I don't know why she's asking for help from me. I'm worried but I hope it's something that I could really help.

"Mina-unnie's preparing to go to our company, sh-she'll be leaving us" I'm shocked as I heard her answer, I can sense that she's crying since I can hear her sob.

"W-what do you mean? "

"I don't know what exactly happen but I think it's related to you" she answered.

"Can I talk to her?" I suddenly uttered without thinking twice.

"I'll pass this phone to Momo-unnie and let her give the phone to unnie" Dahyun answered.

("Unnie can you please give this phone to Mina-unnie? Tell her someone wanted to talk to her") I can heard from the background

("I'll try")

I waited for almost two minutes then I heard voices from the background again.

("Mitang, someone wanted to talk to you")

("Who?") I believe that's her voice but I can sense that it's a voice with different aura. I suddenly feel afraid of talking to her by just hearing her voice from the background.

("If it's someone I knew. Just informed her to call my number") she coldly answered

("Mitang, anata wa jibun ni naremasu ka? Kono denwa ni dete, watashi o mata senaide kudasai.") I heard Momo frustratingly said. (Mina, can you please be yourself? Answer this phone call and don't make me wait)