Devastation, pt. 1

Devastation, pt. 1

Drew

I was shaking from anger. How dare he call me a kid? And a bratty one, at that.

I needed him to understand, to be an adult I could trust. I needed him to truly be the uncle he was.

But of course, he was only worried about money. He was only worried about keeping his head above the water.

"Shaun, where are you?" I asked, climbing into my car.

"Sorry, bro. Mom came in. I couldn't just leave." He said.

Crap. Crap. Crap. "Can I come over?"

"Yeah. Mom's headed out in two hours and we'll have the house to ourselves."

"Your sister?"

"She's going to see Eve. Something about ink pens and hot guys."

I slammed on my brakes. "What?!"

"Relax, there's not going to be any guys with them. I already checked."

He doesn't know yet.

"Don't let her leave. I'll just tell both of you at the same time." I said, hanging up.

I never cared if Kay brought guys over to the house. I always knew who she was hanging out with, and she always knew who I was with. It was how we worked.

I knew she would never let a guy lay a hand on Eve if she was uncomfortable. She was my eyes when I couldn't be there.

She was a lot of things to me. But she was even more to Eve, and I knew the news would be devastating.