Author's Note

If you have made it this far, thank you.

This story has been one I've loved wholly. It's one that is close to my heart. These characters are not just fictious people I've concocted in my mind--they are people I know. People that I love. You see, in some ways, we are all Eve. No matter how happy the world may see us, we all have scars. We all have bruises. We've all somehow been broken by the world, and although we sometimes see ourselves as irrepairable, we all have one person who has the right tools to make us whole again. Yet in other ways, we are Drew, taught by the world to abandon our passions for the practical, for what society deems fitting. We get so caught up in the whirlwind of success that we forget others exist, that others matter.

Searching for Eve was not just about a girl who ran away. It was also about a girl who ran to something--a place called happiness. I chose not to divulge many of her thoughts throughout for two reasons: one, the obvious suspense, and two, because I wanted to show how powerful a simple choice could be. Although Eve took a dramatic route, she chose to be happy, and for her, it changed her entire life.

We are all Eve. We all have that choice.

And I hope it's one you decide to make.

T.