Love

Love

Drew

"Only fools fall in love." I told Shaun. "It only leads to heartache and pain."

He hit my shoulder, standing up from the table we were seated at. "My man, that is where you are wrong."

I was wrong. I had known that the first time Kay smiled at me. I had known that the day she laced her fingers through mine. I had known that when she boldly asked me to be her date.

Kay changed the way I saw life--she refused to put up with my crappy excuses and countless lies. She refused to let me continue to hate myself. She was happy. She was bold. She filled the gaps in my life.

I squeezed her fingers, glancing over at her nervous figure. She never was one for business meetings and pant suits.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked.

"Where we're going, where Eve might be...why she left...what blue is." She sighed. "She never talked about a blue anything. Yet I'm supposed to know where she is by that stupid color."

"I think I know." I said. "I think I know what blue means."

She turned to face me. "How do you..."

"I'm not completely sure. It just clicked--it's honestly a long shot." I replied, not really wanting to tell her just yet. "We're almost there."

She nodded. "Okay."

A few minutes later, we pulled into the parking lot. Before she could ask questions, I began to explain. "When I found out Eve was missing, I made it my mission to find her. So I rented out a conference room--the best one they had. I didn't know who I would have to interrogate or how loud I would be, so it's sound proof, with no way for people to see in or out. The thing is, I haven't had any leads until now. Eve only left a note and a few e-mails, nothing substantial. But blue...that was something I could go off of. So I did, amd I think I have a great chance of figuring out where she is. I just need your help."

She bit her lip, debating on what to say. After what felt like hours, she nodded her head. "Okay. Let's find Eve."

I smiled. That's my girl.