Hope

Hope

Drew

I shakily let out a breath I never realized I was holding.

Could she? Was she? What if she was?

"Is everything alright, sir?" The woman asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, yes. Everything is great. What time will the music begin?"

"Seven, sir."

I checked the time. 1:42. "Then I would like to make a reservation for two for 5:30."

"Are you sure? You'll be finished by the time the music begins."

That's the plan. "Yes, I am aware. The missus and I can pay for our table accordingly if we decide to stay."

"Yes, sir. We will see you at 5:30."

I walked out of the room and headed to the garage after I checked my appearance. I would be finally making usage of the conference room, and I knew I needed to look completely professional.

Pocketing my phone, I opened the door to find Kay sitting in the passenger seat. She was tapping on her phone--probably recording her thoughts--and appeared oblivious to the world around her.

Yet she was beautiful.

I loudly slammed the door, giving her a chance to finish out her notes. They were the one thing I was never able to read, and I was okay with that.

"Drew!" She said once I opened the driver side door. "Can you please tell me where we're going?"

I noted her nervous actions, something she never gave away. After a quick internal debate, I decided not to tell her. "Don't worry. You look perfect." I said, kissing her cheek.

She relaxed at the gesture. "Thank you." She said, quietly adding, "I just don't want your family to think I don't deserve you."

I sighed. She knew we were meeting people that were important to me. "Darling, look at me. You're mine and mine only. These people are nothing like my parents. They actually care about something other than money. They care about love and family and all the little things in life. I love you, and they'll know that. Our love will be clear to them, and that's enough."

"Okay." She whispered.

"Shall we?"

She smiled hesitantly. "We shall."