Chapter 3(meetings are boring and uneventful and not worth going to)

Tony was frustrated he had been working on the latest Iron Man suit when JARVIS informed him that Fury wanted the Avengers in the meeting room. Tony decided to finish up what he was doing before going. Afterall he had to arrive fashionably late.

When Tony arrived at the meeting room he had expected to see everyone seated and Fury glaring at him. Instead what he found was an empty meeting room.

"JARVIS when is the Avengers meeting?"

"It was supposed to start 32 minutes and 46 seconds ago."

"In this room?"

"Yes"

Tony frowned, where was everyone? He sat down to wait. It wasn't like the other Avengers to be late. Had something happened to them? As Tony was about to go look Steve walked in.

"Where were you? You're late." Tony said standing up.

Steve smiled, "No I'm not." the rest of the Avengers walked in after him followed by Fury.

Tony pointed at them "You are all late."

Clint laughed. "No. You were early."

"We gave you an earlier meeting time." Fury said. Tony gaped.

"Well, now that we are all finally here," Fury began, "I have a mission for you. Recently the vigilante Spiderman has been on our radar. He was inactive for about a month before he was spotted helping at a fire just last week. I want you to bring him in."

"Why would you want to bring Spiderman in? Isn't he a hero?" Clint asked.

"He is a vigilante acting on his own. He could easily go rouge. He also appears to be a powerful mutant and we want to know the extent of his abilities and why he is like he is. And since we don't know his identity..."

"Wait. You don't know who he is?" Tony asked chuckling. "I thought SHIELD was supposed to know everything."

Fury glared, "He has evaded our attempts and is careful in hiding his identity."

"I still don't see why we have to capture him." Bruce said.

"We need to know his identity in case he goes rogue. I also want to know why he was absent for a month. And the Avengers will be going after him. I don't care how you do it. Bring him in for questioning." with that Fury left leaving no room for argument.

"Well. How are we going to do this?" asked Steve.

"This Man of Spiders is evil?" Thor asked.

"No," Natasha answered, "but since we don't know his identity we can't track him or step in if he starts doing something wrong."

"Fury also wants to know how he got his powers or if was born with them. Might want to try and replicate them." Bruce said. He didn't think bringing Spiderman in to basically experiment on him was right and by the looks of it, the rest of the Avengers didn't either.

"We probably only need to send one Avenger in." Clint said.

"I say Steve should go. He'll be better at negotiating a peaceful surrender." Natasha said.

"Alright. When should I go?"

"Well we probably need to wait for some big crime to happen and then you can track Spiderman down there." Clint said.

"This shouldn't be too hard.  After all it's just some average vigilante and we're the Avengers." Tony said and the rest nodded agreeing.  They were the Avengers, the world's superheroes some random vigilante didn't stand a chance.  

Hey guys, sorry this took so long.  I was at camp with no internet access for a week and then I was sick.  Sorry the chapters area so short.  I have no idea if there length will change it just depends on what my brain comes up with that week.   There should be more action next chapter.

Well anyways hoped you enjoyed this update please vote and comment

I also need ideas for puns for Peter to use if you have any ideas I'd love to know

thanks

Sayonara for now folks!