6th Debt

No Way

        NATHANIEL WAS PERTUBED by the fact that he hadn’t heard anything from Devon for a week. It was odd how peaceful his life had been. This was what he wanted in the first place, but now that he has it, he was actually hesitant of acquiescing with the situation.

        Maybe it was because of the feeling of being indebted. He didn’t know how long it’ll take for him to fully pay his parents’ arrears. He couldn’t bring himself to hate them for leaving behind all the debt. He shook his head to clear his trail of thoughts. He took a deep breath and grabbed his phone.

        2 messages received.

        From: Hannah

        Would you like to go out for dinner, tonight?

        His lips quirked up into a smile. Just recently, they have mutually decided to date exclusively. It wasn’t an official relationship, but they were committed to each other. It might sound so old school, but he was still courting her. He’s been doing his best to get her to say yes. She stated that he didn’t have to (she presumably said yes) but he still insisted. Nathaniel wanted to prove to Hannah that she was valuable to the point that one should work hard for getting her.

        To: Hannah

        Of course. 7PM, I’ll pick you up.

        From: Hannah

        Okay. I missed you, I really want to see you :)

        The smile remained intact on his lips. He was ecstatic. The last time they saw each other was yesterday, yet she already missed him. The thought made him giddy. It felt like he was in a cloud-nine dream, everything that’s happening to him now felt unbelievable, he had to pinch himself for the umpteenth time in order to confirm that he weren’t really dreaming.

        His thoughts about Hannah suddenly vanished. Crap! He totally forgot about his concerns over Devon. He was worried, despite all the audacity she had shown to him, he still cared for her. She was his friend, sorta. He sent her a brief message hastily.

        To: Demon

        Yo.

        It took fifteen minutes for him to receive her reply.

        From: Demon

        THE FUCK DO YOU WANT?

        His brows arched seeing how she capitalized each word. He responded in an instant.

        To: Demon

        Tone down the cursing. What’s with the capitalization anyway?

        From: Demon

        Stop texting me.