Chapter 4: Courtney

"Don't get sick" Toni warns as I continue to stuff my face. "My Oh my." Someone gasps. I turn and give Kenzie a grin. "Oh hello ma'am. Pleasure to make your acquaintance." I curtsy dramatically. She giggles and copies me.

"Likewise madam. Who is this fine young gentleman?" She asks, motioning teasingly to her brother. Antonio chuckles and bows. "I am Antonio Cooper. Pleased to meet you." He jokes.

I giggle and kiss his cheek. "He's my loving husband" I say. Kenz chuckles. "Quite lovely. But, you must excuse me for I must go sell weed!" We all erupt into laughter. I stuff another brownie in my mouth and look around. "Anyone see Courtney yet? She's always hanging around to insult me" I ask.

Kenzie nods. "Just saw her over there somewhere." She waves somewhere in the room and steals a brownie from my full plate. Toni sighs and puts an arm around both me and Kenz. "Anyone wanna dance?" He asks. I wiggle away. "No tha-"

"Christina" Mother appears beside me, eyeing my plate with distaste. "That's my name, yes" I reply and put the plate down. Mrs. Cooper joins us a moment later. "Don't ask questions yet. You and Mr. Antonio here need to get on that dance floor. They'll be announcing you." Mom orders.

I share a confused look with Toni when suddenly someone does make an announcement. "Ladies and gentlemen, please make way for Ms. Christina Layla Wayford and Mr. Antonio Elmo Cooper as they share a dance"

I sigh and look at Antonio. He shrugs and offers me a hand, which I take, and guides us to the floor. Kenzie is giving me thumbs up which I ignore, just like the eyes of the people around us.

"Awkward" I mutter. He chuckles and pulls me closer against his chest. "Just act like you're enjoying it" He teases in my ear. I grin. "Yes sir" He smirks and winks at me.

Now I understand Courtney's obsession.

Speaking of Courtney, I notice her in the crowd and she does not look happy. I lean closer to Toni's ear and whisper "Stalker alert" He smiles. "Thanks for the warning" He whispers back.

Kenzie grabs some random guys hand and pulls him onto the floor to dance. I smile thankfully at her, earning a smile back. More people start joining us and I sigh in relief. I hate having all eyes on me.

Antonio grins and pulls me back to the food. "Thank heavens" I announce. He laughs at me. "I know you hate people watching you so I got you off as soon as I could" He tells me. I raise an eyebrow.

"How did you know?" I ask confused. A faint blush appears on his cheeks. "I just...you looked uh...pale? Yeah you looked pale when your mom mentioned dancing in front of everyone." He seems to nod in agreement with himself then mutter about him being an idiot. I giggle.

He blushes harder and quickly puts a brownie in my hand. "Just eat" He mumbles. I grin and take a huge bite from the brownie. "You guys look ador-"

"Absolutely disgusting!" Kenzie gets cut off by, oh look, Courtney. Cue dramatic music. We all roll our eyes at her. "Hi Toni baby" She purrs. I cringe and step aside so I'm next to Kenz. Toni sighs dramatically. "It's Antonio actually." He corrects her, making me and Kenzie chuckle.

She shoots a death glare at us and quickly smiles sweetly at our friend. "You can make an exception for me right?" She twirls a strand of hair around her index finger and flutters her eyelashes at him. I turn to Kenzie and make a gagging motion to which she giggles.

"No actually....only my family calls me Toni" I frown. Was I just family-zoned? Quickly shaking that thought from my mind, I grab Kenzie's hand and pull her over to the D.J. "Excuse me sir" I ask sweetly. My bestie bites her lip to stifle her laughter. "Yeah?"