Chapter 9: Heart On Her Butt

"I hate assigned seats!" Toni groans when we walk into English. I laugh. "Change your last name to Wayford and you can sit with me, Noah and Ri." I say, laughing. He smirks at me. "Can't. But if you marry me then you'll be able to sit with me." He replies back. I blush. "Stop!" He chuckles.

"I need to talk to you after class though." He says. I nod. "Yes sir. Now go to your seat!" He laughs and salutes me. I smile and meet Noah in the back. He smirks at me. "Hey Christina. Did I just hear Toni flirt with you?" I open my mouth to respond but I'm cut off by an all to familiar voice. "Toni flirted with Christina? Eek. My ship is seriously sailing. When's the wedding? I also call maid of honor!" Riley squeals.

I groan loudly and plop onto my seat. Ri sits on my desk and Noah sits in his seat. "Chill pill Ri." Noah warns. She laughs. "Riley Wayford?" The teacher calls. She looks up. "Yes?" She asks sweetly. Mr. English points to the empty desk beside me. "Take a seat beside your sister please." He orders.

Riley grins and hops off my desk to sit in her seat. She winks at me when the teacher starts his lesson. Why? No idea. She's Riley, she doesn't need a reason for anything.

"Psst!" Someone whispers. I roll my eyes and glare at my sister. "What!" I hiss. She smiles. "Are you sitting with us at lunch?" She asks. I shake my head. "Sitting with Courtney isn't a good idea." I remind her. She smirks. "But Toni will be there." She sings. I huff and slump down in my seat.

I'm relieved when the bell rings, signaling lunch. Antonio joins me at my desk as I pack up. "Hey guys. Can I borrow Christina real quick?" He asks, mostly directing the question to Noah, who eagerly nods. Riley frowns at his lack of acknowledgement to her.

Toni grabs my arm and pulls me out of class quickly. "So what's up?" I ask nonchalantly. He fidgets nervously. "Well, you know how there is the dance in two weeks? For the start of the school year?" I nod. "Everyone knows about it. It's all I hear, especially from the cheerleaders." I reply, groaning slightly. Antonio nods.

"Right, well I was wondering if you uh wanted to maybe um g- go with me?" I raise an eyebrow and laugh. "You don't need to sound so nervous Toni. Of course I'll go with you. I'd much rather go with a friend then some random guy. Or alone." I say casually. He frowns.

"No no. I mea-"

"You coming Chris?" Gia asks. I turn to look at my group of friends, Gia, Kenz, Noah and Ri, and the two extras, Bethany and Nathan. "Yeah. C'mon T." I pull Toni over to them and split into a small group with Kenzie and Gia. "What was that about?" Kenzie asks excitedly. I roll my eyes.

"Nothing important. Antonio just wanted to know if I'd accompany him to the dance. We agree it's easier to go with a friend then alone or with some desperate person." I answer. The girls groan loudly, attracting attention from the rest of the group.

"Mind ya own business pals!" Gia scolds playfully. Toni, Noah and Ri laugh but Nathan and Bethany glare at her. Geez. Those two can't take a joke. When Riley told me all about her boyfriend, I expected some fun guy. Not an uptight asshole. She has horrible taste. And about Bethany....well Ri was probably desperate because Bethany is not Wayford/Cooper group material.

"Now, did he say that and you agree? Or did you just say it and not get a response?" Kenzie asks when they stop listening. I frown. "I said it. He was about to answer but....Gia cut....him...off. Oh." I say in realization. My frown deepens. "Did I do something wrong?" I ask. They share a look and shrug.

"Who knows? I mean, he could've been about to agree. But I doubt it." Gia responds. I groan. "I messed up!" I announce. They all turn to me. Kenzie sighs. "You boys, and Bethany, go in. We have to talk to Ri please." She says sweetly. Noah, Toni and Nathan shrug and go in. Bethany falters. "I'm a girl. Why can't I stay?" She asks.