Chapter 10: Confessions

I stare in bewilderment. "Y- you're head over he- heels for me?" I stutter. He pulls back a bit and nods. "Yep. Since the moment I laid eyes on you. I don't care how cliche that sounds." He says. I chuckle. "That does sound really cliche." I admit. My group of friends laugh.

"Hey bitch." Kenzie whispers. I turn to her. "What?" I ask. She nudges me. "This is where you admit you love him too!" She hisses. I roll my eyes and smile, stepping away from Toni. "Antonio Elmo Cooper, I love you too." I say, grinning like a maniac.

He pulls me close and crashes his lips onto mine. A series of cheers, and cries of protest from Beth and Courtney, ring though the field. Even the coach whistles and yells. I pull away to catch my breath and laugh. "Wow." I mutter. He grins. "Yeah. Wow."

"Okay guys! Practice over. Go home and have fun!" Coach directs the last part to me and Toni and winks. I blush and he chuckles. "C'mon c'mon!" Gia pulls us to the car, working with Kenzie and Riley as well. Noah just follows behind, laughing. Nathan and Bethany send us dirty glares and stomp off. What got their panties in a twist?

"Okay. So we'll come by Aunt Natalie's house, following behind you guys." Noah says. We nod and separate into our cars to go home.

When we pull up, I order my cousins and friends to sneak up to my room. Riley and I head to Mom's office to ask her a question. "Excuse me?" I mutter. She turns and glares at us. "What?" She snaps. I clear my throat. "I can't believe I'm asking this, but could you make me and Ri dresses for the dance in two weeks?" I ask nervously.

She scoffs. "You two are such ungrateful bitches. I make you dresses all the time and you never wear them. I have to force you. Now suddenly you want me to make you each one? Ha. Make one yourself dogs!" She hisses and slams the door in our faces. I blink and turn to my equally shocked sister. "That went well." She mumbles.

I nod and follow her to my room. "Well? How'd it go?" Toni asks. We send him a look. He laughs. "Oh." I scan my room and smirk at the sight of my radio. "Who's up for some disobeying?" I ask wickedly. Everyone perks up and Riley locks my door with a big smirk. "Ready." She sings.

I turn it on and turn to full volume. Die Young by Kesha starts blasting through the room. I grin and start dancing along.

I hear your heart beat to the beat of the drums
Oh, what a shame that you came here with someone
So while you're here in my arms
Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young
We're gonna die young
Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young

Riley grins widely and pulls the girls over to dance as well. We erupt into laughter as we dance without a care in the world. The boys stare at us in amusement.

Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young

Young hearts, out our minds
Runnin' till we outta time
Wild childs, lookin' good
Livin' hard just like we should
Don't care whose watching when we tearing it up (you know)
That magic that we got nobody can touch (for sure)

I sing along and dance my way over to Toni. He tries to resist as I pull him over to the makeshift dance floor we created.

Looking for some trouble tonight (yeah)
Take my hand, I'll show you the wild side
Like it's the last night of our lives (uh huh)
We'll keep dancing till we die

He finally takes the hand I offer and dances along with me. I giggle as he spins me around. Kenzie and Gia got Noah to join us. These boys cannot resist our amazing moves.