Chapter 20: Making Up

Riley is getting discharged today, and thankfully I convinced my cousins and friend to let me take her instead of them. Oh, and apparently Antonio comes to check in on her but won't enter the room. All because of me.

We also agreed I'd stay at the Cooper's tonight with Riley because our mother is cray-cray. I'm excited. We haven't has a girls night in forever. I'm just a little bummed out that Gia can't join us. Aunt Molly has a business trip to attend to and is bringing the kids.

Back to the present though, "So I'll pick you up tomorrow at 6?" Riley smiles shyly at Jackson. "Yes. I texted you the address. See you Jack." She reaches up and kisses his cheek before pulling me out. "Are you positive you want to attend school today?" I ask nervously.

My sister rolls her, sliding into the passenger seat, and nods. "I'm positive Chris. Relax. Besides...I need to talk to Toni." I raise an eyebrow in her direction. "Why?" I question slowly. She sighs. "Maybe because he broke my twin sister's heart? Look, I understand the reason. Believe me, I'm thankful. He's saving your life. But at the same time, he was harsh as fuck. Plus we'll be sleeping in the same house as him for the night." She explains.

I sigh. She is right. "Whatever. But good luck. Courtney was hanging onto him all day. The crazy bitch even had her schedule changed so she has all classes with him. Not even I'm that crazy. Point is, getting him alone is going to be hard. Kenz told me she even spotted Courtney making Toni change his password to her birthday so she knows it." I tells her bitterly.

She wrinkles her nose in disgust. "Gross. Courtney is a little obsessed. Huh?" I snort. "A little?" My sister smiles sadly at me. Finally, we pull into the school parking lot. We've already missed our first two classes. So off to English we go...along with psycho bitch and Toni.

I park the car and follow Ri to the office to check in. "The Wayford Twins. You're late." The old hag in the office scowls. I scoff. "Sorry that Ri was in the hospital due to a stab wound and just got discharged today. Really, I am. Because, of course being to school on time is our top priority." I say sarcastically. She frowns at me while my sister smirks.

The old hag glares at us once more and hands us late passes. "Don't let it happen again." She orders. Riley laughs. "Sure thing lady. Even though being stabbed is beyond my control and I can't control when the hospital lets me out." She replies sweetly and follows me out.

We burst out laughing when we get a good distance away. "Talk about grumpy old lady. Geez." Riley complains jokingly. I chuckle. "I know! Omg her face was so old and wrinkly and she was totes rocking that scowl." I say in an overly high pitched voice. We burst out laughing again.

We enter English class and give our teacher our late passes. Toni glances at me quickly but I avoid eye contact and keep walking towards my seat. Ri shoots me a sympathetic smile and lowers herself into her seat. I follow her lead. Courtney turns in our direction and smirks at me, throwing me a not so subtle wink.

Riley narrows her eyes at the devil but I shake my head. "Don't bother." I whisper. My sister frowns and nods. "Fine." She replies. English class drags on and when the bell finally rings I couldn't be happier. Courtney makes it a show to strut over to Toni and roughly pull him down for a kiss. I huff.

"Ya know what's really sad Riley?" I say extra loudly. She taps her chin and shrugs. "I have two answers. Either Mr. English's haircut, or the fact our dear Courtney over here actually needs a boy to be happy." She replies just as loudly. Mr. English glares harshly at us, which we pay no mind to.

The class is snickering, except Courtney and Antonio. Toni is trying to hold back his laughter and Courtney is fuming. She stomps her foot in a childish manner. "You're going to let those two imbeciles treat me like that baby?" She pouts to Ant. He clears his throat.