Chapter 12: Punch, and Not The Drink

I run around my room like a chicken with it's head cut off. Kenzie, Gia and Riley calmly sit on my bed talking about tonight. Yes, that's right. It's the night we've a been waiting for ladies and gentlemen. The dance.

Kenzie finally stands up and grabs my shoulders. "Chill. Out. You're acting like a crazy lady!" She says. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, then open them and nod. "Right. We have a dance to get ready for." I say.

Gia and Riley grin. "That's the spirit!" They announce in unison. Riley and Gia split away from us and go to Riley's room for her closet, meanwhile I'm rummaging through mine for something for me and Kenz to wear.

I pull out a sparkly silver dress that reaches mid thigh. It looks a bit tight and only has a strap for one shoulder. "That's beautiful. You should really wear it!" Kenzie says excitedly. I laugh and look at it again. "It's only one night." She nods. "Exactly." She pushes me out of the closet so she can find something. While she does so, I pull the dress on and admire myself in the mirror.

While Kenzie changes, I plug in my curler for her and take out my makeup. She joins me a little bit later. "Thanks." She says. I scan her outfit and smile. She's wearing a navy blue cocktail dress, decorated with silver swirls. She hands me a pair of silver heels and starts her hair. I put them on and finish the last few touches of makeup.

"I'm going to check on Ri and Gia." She nods. Riley is already done and tapping away on her phone when I get in. She's wearing a black, strapless dress with a belt-like thing around her waist. The top part is decorated with black jewels and the bottom flows loosely sound her legs. It reaches mid thigh like mine.

She straightened her hair and applied bright red lip stick. "You look amazing!" I compliment. She looks up and smiles. "So do you!" I grin and join her on the bed as we wait for Gia. She walks out wearing a strapless hot pink dress. It reaches her knees, and flows loosely around her legs. The bottom half is a bunch of ruffles basically but the top is covered in silver rhinestones.

She smiles widely at the sight of me. "How do I look? I curled my hair and everything!" She says happily. Riley looks up and smiles. "Hot. C'mon. The boys should be here already" We follow Riley out and go downstairs where Kenzie is chatting up her brother and Noah. Nathan is standing off to the side impatiently, but grins when he sees his girlfriend.

Toni's jaw drops when he sees me. I manage a little wave and join his side. Gia walks over to her brother and Kenz. "You look beautiful!" Antonio compliments. I blush. "Thanks." I mutter. We wave goodbye and separate from our friends and Nathan. Gia isn't going with a date so she's riding with her brother and Kenzie and Riley is obviously riding with Nathan.

I would've invited Bethany to get ready with us out of the kindness of my heart, but she hates me. No idea why though. She just does.

We arrive and Toni offers me his arm dramatically. I giggle and take it. "Why did we even come to this?" I ask. He shrugs. "Why not?" He replies. I roll my eyes and smile. "Touche." He chuckles and pulls me along.

I grin at the sound of the country song that reaches my ears when we open the doors. Love Ain't by Eli Young. Antonio winks at me and pulls me to the dance floor. I don't bother resisting and just let loose with him. Kenzie, Noah and Gia join us sometime later but I can't find Riley.

I shrug it off though and start singing with the song. Kenzie and Gia waste not a second in joining me. Toni and Noah just shake their heads and keep dancing. Good boys. This is our spotlight.

Love ain't you on a sidewalk in your new dress all alone
Love ain't you calling me 'cause he ain't picking up his phone
The way you're talking sounds like he's somebody you should hate
I may not know what love is girl, but I know what love ain't
Come over, let me show you what he can't
'Cause he can only show you what love ain't