2.0

(Violet's Outfit Above)

"Thinking all love ever does is break and burn and endBut on a Wednesday in a cafe I watched it begin again"

But on a Wednesday in a cafe I watched it begin again"

-Taylor Swift: Begin Again

For a week Violet pretends not to know about vampires.

For a week she stays home from school.

For a week she avoids Stefan and Damon completely.

She grabs an apple from the fridge and takes a bite of it as Jenna walks into the kitchen. She pulls her hair up into a high ponytail and looks at Violet with a sigh.

"You need to go back to school soon." Jenna scolds.

"I know." Violet says an rolls her apple in between her hands. "I'll go back Monday, promise."

"I'll see you later. Love you." Jenna says, kissing the side of Violet's head.

"Love you too." She says and watches Jenna leave. Jenna was best friends with her mother, Lyric. Her mother was also close with Elena's parents so she practically grew up with them. They helped her through losing a very specail someone to her. Jenna helped her through her parents death while mourning with her.

Violet finishes her apple and runs back into her room before she sees anyone else thats in the house.

She writes in her lyric book and blasts music through her ear buds. She goes back downstairs when Jenna gets home. She embraces her with a smile.

Jenna's the only normal preson around here.

"Guess what? I got roped into helping Mrs Lockwood." She whispers, keeping her voice low. Violet smiles and lets out a small chuckle. Jenna and Violet walk into the kitchen where a very familar man is sitting.

Elijah.

Violet's breath hitches at the sight of him. He offers her a smile and he stares into her electrafying eyes.

"This is Elijah." Jenna introduces him to her. "And this is Violet."

"Its lovely to meet you, Violet." Elijah says kissing the back of her hand. Her beauty still overwhelms him. She pulls her hand away and takes in his appearance.

"I gotta go get the files. Be back in a few." Jenna says, stepping out of the kitchen.

Violet moves so she's against the counter. Elijah looks towards the wall opposite of her at all the pictures on the wall. There's one of Violet grinning while holding a smiling little boy. The baby's eyes match Violet's vibrant blue ones. He's smiling up at Violet while shes smiling at the camera.

Elijah turns to face Violet, "I thought Elena would have had a vampire compel you to forget everything."

"She did." Violet responds, crossing her arms. "It didnt work and she doesnt know that so.." Her voice trails as she hears Elena coming down the stairs. "Shit." She mumbles to herself.