22.0

(Violet's Outfit Above)

What if I was made for you and you were made for meWhat if this is it, what if it's meant to beWhat if I ain't one of them fools just playin' some gameWhat if I just pulled you close, what if I leaned inAnd the stars line up and it's our last firs...

What if this is it, what if it's meant to be
What if I ain't one of them fools just playin' some game
What if I just pulled you close, what if I leaned in
And the stars line up and it's our last first kiss
What if one of these days baby I'd go and change your name
What if I loved all these what ifs away
-Kane Brown: What Ifs

Elijah and Violet walk up to Elena's front door together with their fingers intertwined. Elijah opens the door and Elena looks at the couple.

"Stefan." Elena breathes out as they step into the house. Violet pulls her into a hug.

"Elijah." Stefan says then looks at Violet. 

"Hello again." Elijah says.

Elena motions for him to take a seat at the table so he does. Violet stands behind him with her hands on his shoulders.

"Violet, I've missed you." Elena says as she takes her seat.

"I've missed you too."

"All we need is to take that stake away from him. Once he's been disarmed, the weapon's in my possession, my family will scatter to the ends of the earth. And Alaric will follow us." Elijah explains.

"And you'll just....run." Stefan says, taking a seat next to Elijah and Elena.

"We've done it before." Elijah responds, "Klaus and Rebekah spent the better part of a thousand years evading my father. What's another half century while Elena's able to live out the rest of her natural life?"

Stefan looks at Elena as she says, "We finally stopped him, Elijah. After everything that he's done to us, I can't just let you bring him back."

"I give you my word, Elena. I will not revive Klaus within yours, not within your children's lifetimes." Elijah promises. "Perhaps it'll finally teach him some manners."

"Doubt that." Violet mutters under her breath.

"Why should she trust you?" Matt demands, "All you've done is screw her over."

"And for that, I am deeply ashamed. But know this-- she could have been dead the instant we walked through that door tonight." Elijah says as Violet raises her eyebrows and looks down at him shaking her head in disagreement, "So, Elena, I leave it to you to make the decision whether to trust me or not."

"Not! Hello!" Damon yells through the phone. "Did that concussion give you brain damage? His lunatic siblings will kill you the first chance they get."

"Rebekah and Kol will honor the terms if you return Klaus' body to us." Elijah promises. "Elena will come to no harm. Do we have a deal?"

"No! No, no, no,no. Did I mention no!" Damon yells.

"Elena, it's up to you." Stefan tells her.

"Oh, come on!" Damon exclaims.

"Why do you want Klaus' body?" Elena asks.

"He's my brother. We remain together." Elijah answers and Elena sighs.

"We have a deal." Elena says then looks at Violet, "When they run, are you going with Elijah?"

"Yes." Violet answers.

Jeremy hangs up the phone after his call with Alaric. "He bought it." Jeremy announces.

Violet makes her way around Jeremy and up the stairs into her bedroom.

"Excuse me." Elijah says and goes after her. "Are you alright?" Violet shakes her head and he pulls her into an embrace.

"I have an awful feeling about this that I can't shake, Elijah. What if you get hurt? What if Kol or Rebekah does? Or even practically dead Nik does?" Violet asks almost in tears.

"Everything will be alright. Nothing is going to happen to me." Elijah promises her.

"I love you."

"I love you too." Elijah says and Violet plants a kiss on his lips.

"Go." She says nodding.

Matt walks into Elenas room where Elena ans Violet are. They're sitting by the window in silence.

"Mmm. Thank you." Elena says as Matt hands them both a mug.

"Thanks, Matt." Violet says and takes a sip. Violet makes a face at its horrible flavor.

"Sorry." Matt apologizes. "I over-honeyed. I suck at tea."

The three of them chuckle.

"So...Stefan." Matt says.

"He saved my life, you know." Elena says, "I never you told you two that. The night that my parents' car went of thr bridge, Stefan was the one to save me."

"So do you feel like you owe him or something?" Matt asks.

"No. It's not that. It's... After the accident, I kind of felt like I didn't know how to live anymore. Like I didn't want to. But the being with Stefan, somehow I figured it out. And that's what love should be. You should love the person that makes you glad that your alive."

"What's the problem then?" Violet asks.

"The problem's Damon." She answers, "I...When I'm with him, it just consumes me. And I know that I can't love them both. I know that it's wrong, but I--When I choose one, then I'll loose the other. And I don't want to loose anyone else. I....I Just....I wish that I had my mom here to give me some advice."

Elena sighs and they both take another sip of their tea.

"Mom," Junior Violet says to her mother. "I miss Jasper." She cries out and her mother pulls her into a hug.

"I know. I do too, honey." Her mom says and kisses the top of her head. "Everything will get better soon, I promise."

Violet nods and wipes away the tears, "I'm going to take a shower."

"Your dad and I will go and get something for us all to eat." Her mother says, standing up. "Love you, Vi."

"Love you too, Mom." Younger Violet says and watches her mother walk out of her room for the last time. A worried feeling consumes her and she frowns. She shakes it off and gets into the shower.

"Hello?" Violet asks and picks up her phone.

"Honey, I'm so sorry." Sheriff Forbes days, "Your father is dead and your mother is in the hospital dying."

Violet gasps and wakes up on Elena's floor. She looks around for Elena or Matt but doesn't see them.

"Matt, I'm going to kill you." She says and stands up. Violet stands up and goes downstairs, hopeful that they'll there but they are not.

She groans and rushes out the front door. Her gut is telling her to go the hospital but why?

She runs down the street towards the hospital. Her phone begins to ring and she slows to a walk to answer it. "Stefan." She says.

"She's gone." Stefan cries out, "Elena's dead."

Violet hangs up the call and sprints into the hospital. She runs down the hallway and into a room where Stefan's sitting with tears in his eyes and Elena is laying down dead.

"No, no, no." Violet cries rushes over to Elena. Tears stream down her face as she stares at her dead sister.

Then Elena gasps and sits up.