3.0

(Violet's Outfit Above)

And I said Romeo take me somewhere we can be aloneI'll be waiting, all there's left to do is runYou'll be the prince and I'll be the princessIt's a love story baby just say yes

I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess
It's a love story baby just say yes

-Taylor Swift: Love Story

"Jenna," Violet says walking into her bedroom, "Can I borrow one of you're blouses?" Violet asks, already looking through her closet.

"Go ahead." Jenna says, curling her hair. Alaric steps back into the room.

"Oh, hey Alaric." Violet says when she notices him. She grabs a beautiful white blouse from Jenna's closet before exiting the room.

She gets dressed in the white blouse and blue jeans.

"What the hell." Violet hears Jenna say when she comes down the stairs. In the kitchen stands John Gilbert.

"Hey, good morning to you, Jenna. Alaric." John says. "And to you too, Violet."

"It's okay I'm confused, right? Because we were not expecting you, like, ever." Jenna asks and says, looking extremely confused while Violet is just curious why he's here.

"Well, I got in late last night. Elena let me in." John explains.

"You know I'm probably just gonna take off." Alaric says looking at John then Elena before exitting tge house. Violet wishes she could leave too but she can't.

"I'm still confused here." Jenna says.

"Me too." Violet agrees.

"I decided to come back and stay for a while." John explains.

"Not here you're not." Jenna argues.

"Actually you can't stop me from living here." John says. Elena has an unreadable expression on her face.

"Actually, I can as legal guardian." Jenna counters.

"Yeah. About that, um. Elena, you want me to explain the situation, or would you like to do the honors?" John asks.

"Ok. What's going on?"

"I'm sorry Jenna, Violet. I should've told you earlier, but--" Elena looks at John for help.

"I'm Elena's biological father." John says.

"What!?" Violet asks shocked. She never really liked John. He was always a creepy man in her eyes.

"There, now you know." John says to Jenna before leaving. Both Jenna and Violet look at Elena confused and shocked.

Violet looks at Elena one last time before leaving the room too. She exits the house and begins walking to nowhere in particular. The cool air makes her shiver and she wraps her arms around herself trying to keep warm but it doesn't work that well.

"Hello." Elijah says, joining in on Violet's walk.

"Hey, how are you?" Violet asks, wrapping her arms around herself tighter.

"Good." He answers as they continue to walk. "How are you?" He asks.

"Cold. I forgot my jacket when I left the house this morning." Violet explains and shivers a tiny bit.

"Here." Elijah slips off his suit jacket and draps it over her shoulders. Her arms begin to warm up.

"Thank you." She says.

"This is a nice place you're staying in." Violet says when they walk into the mansion he's been staying in. Its really nice but there's not much furniture. The furniture it does have has coverings on them.

"I needed a temporary place to stay." Elijah explains as he closes the front door.

"Its a little dusty." Violet jokes with a huge smile.

"I'll be right back." Elijah says before going up the stairs.

Violet walks into the living room area and runs her fingers against the dusty books. She wonders how long its been since someone has lived here. It's a nice place, its just empty and dusty.

The sun has set and Violet is laying on the covered up couch reading a random book she picked out.

"Caroline was hurt. Shes home now." Elijah says, stepping into the living room area.

"What!?" Violet jumps up and stands in front of him. "I wanna go see her now."

Elijah drops her off at Caroline's and she immediately runs into the house and up the stairs. "Are you alright?" She ask when she steps into her room.

"Violet!" She attempts to cover herself up.

"I know everything, Caroline." Violet says stepping into the room further. Caroline opens her mouth to say something but a knock at the door interupts them.

"I'll be right back." Caroline says and goes downstairs.

Violet walks into the bathroom and runs some water over a wash cloth and rings it out. She hears a door slam and Violet rushes down the stairs.

"Caroline." Violet says and embraces her friend.

"How did you--"

"I can't be compelled." Violet explains and pulls out one of the stick things. She watches Caroline heal quickly before she wipes off the blood with the wash rag. "Go take a shower. I'll be in the living room."

"Alright."

Violet walks into the entryway and sees Bonnie, Caroline, and Elena hugging. Bonnie opens her arm for Violet to join so she does.

They set up the bed in Caroline's room for the four of them to sleep in.

"I thought Damon compelled you." Bonnie says as she tosses one of the pillows onto the bed.

"She can't be compelled." Caroline tells her. Violet shrugs when they all look at her.

"I have to make a phone call." Violet says and steps outside. She dials Elijahs number. "Hello?"

"Hello. Is everything alright?" Elijah asks.

"Yeah. Caroline's all good now but now everyone knows I can't be compelled." Violet says into the phone. "I gotta go. I just wanted to let you know."

"Good night." Elijah says before she ends the call.

"Shh." Bonnie hushes Elena.

"Elena." Caroline and Violet whine. Violet lays her head back on the pillow. She attempts to fall back asleep but her body is already awake. She climbs out of bed and rushes down the stairs for coffee.

"Why did you pretend you didn't know?" Elena asks.

"I, I just didn't want to remember so I tried to pretend I was compelled but I couldn't. And I didn't know how to bring it up." Violet shrugs and explains.

"You can talk to me about anything, Vi." Elena says.

"I know."