7.0

(Violet's Outfit Above)

"What is it I'm feeling?, 'Cause I can't let it go, If seeing is believing, I already know, I'm falling fast, 'Cause I hope this lasts, 'Cause I'm falling hard for you, I say "let's take a chance", Take it while we can, 'Cause I know you feel it t...

'Cause I can't let it go,
If seeing is believing,
I already know,
I'm falling fast,
'Cause I hope this lasts,
'Cause I'm falling hard for you,
I say "let's take a chance",
Take it while we can,
'Cause I know you feel it too,"

-Avril Lavigne: Falling Fast

Freedom.

For now Violet is free from Klaus. She really wants to see Elena or Caroline, even Damon. They're her family and she loves them all more than life. She would die for each and every one of them.

"Damon?" Violet calls out when she steps into the Salvatore Boarding house. He turns around and smiles at her with a glass of bourbon, maybe, in his glass.

"Where have you been?" Damon asks, sipping his drink.

"With Alaric-Klaus." Violet answers, taking his glass away from him and takes a sip of it before handing it back to him.

"Elena undaggered Elijah." Damon informs her. She bites the inside of her cheeks to keep herself from smiling but it a small smile slips through.

"Why?" Violet asks.

"To talk." Damon scoffs and pours him another glass of bourbon.

"Oh." She turns and walks out of thr house. The sun is setting and the stars are beginning to scatter amongst the sky.

Violet knocks on the mansions big double doors. They open to reveal Elijah standing there. A smile spreads across her face.

"You just know how to stay dead, do you?" Violet asks playfully.

"I guess not." He replies and moves out of the way for her to come in. She steps into the house and looks around.

"It's less dusty in here." She says. "So, how was being dead?"

"It is not my favorite thing." He answers.

"It can't be that bad." Violet smiles and sits up on the counter. "This place needs some chairs." She says and looks around the dim kitchen. "And light."

Elijah puts his hand on her cheek so she rests her face against his hand. Her electrifying blue eyes meet his dark brown ones. She smiles, ignoring the fact that she swore she'd never let herself find love again.

"Don't be afraid." He whispers and steps closer to her. She puts her hand over his hand thats resting on her face. He brings his face closer to hers until their lips meet. She pulls him closer then wraps her arms around his neck. He pulls away and rests his forhead against hers.

"I will never be afraid of you." Violet assures him. She plants another kiss on his lips before getting off the counter. "But, I'm afraid of being with you." She admits.

"May I ask why?" He asks, standing behind her. She turns around to look at him.

"My last relationship didn't end well. He, uh, was arrested and he's never allowed to see me again. Curtsey of my parents." She explains, watching his facial expression. "I loved him and then one day I was never allowed to see him again. I didn't even get to say goodbye." Violet looks down at the floor, ashamed about what shes about to admit, "I'm afraid if I let myself be with you that I will loose you like everyone else in my life."

"You won't loose me." He promises. Violet smiles and wraps her arms around his neck for a hug. He wraps his arms around her waist.

"I'm holding you to that promise." Violet says, a grin spreading across her face. Elijah cups her face with his hands again. He leans down till his lips meet her soft pink ones. She runs her fingers through his hair as he pulls her closer till their bodies are touching. Violet pulls away, "I gotta go home. I have to change."

"Stay."

"I need to go home. Elena will worry." Violet says and heads towards the door. She turns around to look at him, "Your welcome always." She says then leaves with no idea of how she's going to get home.

"Elena?" Violet calls out. Elena steps out from the kitchen and smiles when she sees Violet.

"Where were you?" Elena asks, pulling Violet into a hug.

"With Alaric-Klaus." Violet answers. Elena pulls away and deeply frowns. Violet shrugs and walks into the kitchen.

"What did he want?"

"No idea." Violet answers then thinks about what he said. "He said something about knowing what I am though." Violet says and grabs a glass.

"What you are?" Elena asks.

"The whole I can't be comepelled thing." Violet explains and fills her glass with cold water and takes a drink of it. Elena realizes what she means and crosses her arms.

"Did he say anything else?" Elena asks. Violet shakes her head and sets the glass down.

"Night." Violet says and hugs Elena before rushing up the stairs.

When she steps into her room she jumps. Elijah is sitting on her bed starring out the window at the stars in the sky. She smiles and sits down on her bed next to him.

"Who's this?" He asks and grabs a photo frame off her bedsidr table. She peers down at the photo of her and a baby boy.

Violet takes a shakey deep breath, "He was my," she bites her lip, "son. His name was Jasper. He died almost a year ago." Violet explains and runs her fingers over the picture. Elijah looks at her and sees the pain written across her face. "He died a week before my parents did. Losing my son was the worst feeling I've ever felt. Then I lost my parents and I felt completely alone."

Elijah grabs her hand comfortingly. She closes her eyes to keep the tears from spilling out.

"I was alone my whole pregnancy. My parents were angry then a month before I gave birth my parents came around." Violet continues, "The baby's father never even knew I was pregnant. He'll never know because I will never be able to tell him." Violet takes a few deep breathes before continuing, "I don't think I could handle having another baby. The anxiety would be unbareable."

A tear escapes her eyes and Elijah pulls her into a hug.

"You will never be alone again. You have Elena and them and you have me." He says, and she nods. Violet pulls away from thr hug and kicks off her shoes so she can get in bed.

"Lay with me?" Violet asks. He nods and lays on his side facing her. He watches as her eyelids close and hears her breathing even out.

He doesn't understand his fasination with her. Yes she's extremely beautiful for a regular human but he still can't pinpoint why he wants to be with her every waking moment or why she always seems to be on his mind. The last time he fell for someone he lost her, what if he looses her?