18.0

(Violet's Outfit Above)

Hard to love, hard to love,Oh I don't make it easy,And I couldn't do it if I stood where you stoodI'm hard to love, hard to loveAnd you say that you need me,I don't deserve it but I love that you love me

Oh I don't make it easy,
And I couldn't do it if I stood where you stood
I'm hard to love, hard to love
And you say that you need me,
I don't deserve it but I love that you love me

-Lee Brice: Hard to love

The next morning Violet gets up and goes into the bathroom. She sees a hickey on the lower side of her neck and one on the far side of her collar bone. She washes her face with cool water and walks back into the room.

"Good morning." He says and plants a short kiss on her soft pink lips. He notices both of the hickeys. "I'm sorry." He says frowning.

"Elijah, I'm fine." She assures him with a huge smile.

"Rebekah said to give you these." Elijah says and hands her a pair of jeans and a white-ish sweater.

"I'll have to thank her." Violet says and unbuttons Elijah's shirt that she's wearing. She tosses it on the bed and puts on the outfit Rebekahs lending her. "I gotta go. I'm meeting Caroline for breakfast." Violet says and kisses Elijah's lips, he pulls her closer. "I really got to go." She says and pulls away from him.

"Have a nice breakfast."

"Violet!" Caroline says excitedly and sits down infront of Violet. She smiles and lowers the Mystic Grill Menu. "Morning."

"Good Morning, Caroline." She says with a smile.

Their food comes and they talk about anything. Caroline notices the hickey on her neck and raises an eyebrow before a smile spreads across her face.

"Who gave that to you?" Caroline asks with a grin.

"Oh, um," Violet breathes out nervously.

"Don't lie to me." Caroline says and crosses her arms, waiting for an answer.

"You want to know who gave this to me. It was," She pauses nervously, "Elijah."

Violet was never very good at lying to Caroline and probably never will be good it. Caroline always knows when Violet's lying.

"Your sleeping with the enemy?!" Caroline demands quietly.

"We didn't sleep together, Caroline."

"So, your like with Elijah now? Bad idea, Violet." Caroline scolds, "What's with your taste in men? First the teacher guy now some original vampire."

"God, Caroline, you can be a bitch." Violet says before leaving.

Caroline looks at her in shock then realizes what she had just said to Violet. She knows that the teacher guy is a sensitive subject.