5.0

(Violet's Outfit Above)

"I believe it's meant to be, darling, I watch you when you are sleeping, You belong with me, Do you feel the same?, Am I only dreaming, Or is this burning an eternal flame?"

I watch you when you are sleeping,
You belong with me,
Do you feel the same?,
Am I only dreaming,
Or is this burning an eternal flame?"

-The Bangles: Eternal Flame

"Violet. You need to go to school." Jenna says walking into Violet's room. Its cleaner than usual and all of laundry is already put away.

"I can't." Violet says into her pillow.

"Its your Senior year. You have to graduate." Jenna says, opening the blinds. The sun shine fills the room and Jenna sighs. "I know its been hard and I know the teens at school are still talking crap but it'll all be over in a couple of months."

Violet sits up and embraces Jenna. "I love you, and I will go to school tomorrow. I promise." Violet promises and releases Jenna from the hug.

"I love you too. See you later." Jenna exits the room and Jeremy comes in this time.

"I hear you know everything." Jeremy says with a playful smile. Violet rolls her eyes and pats the bed for him to sit down. "You coming to school?" He asks.

Violet shakes her head. "Not today."

"Okay, well, love you." Jeremy says and kisses the side of her head. He heads for the door to leave for school.

"Love you too. Have a good day." She calls after him and plops back down on her bed.

She still has to figure out how to save Elijah without getting caught. Damon would never hurt her, hopefully and Stefan definitely wouldn't hurt her either.

"Come to the grill with us." Caroline says, entering Violet's room. "We're all going. Jenna, Bonnie, Elena, and I. Please" Caroline begs.

"Fine, I'll go with you." Violet agrees and climbs out of bed.

"Katherine is out of the tomb." Caroline tells her. Violet glances over her shoulder at Caroline as she slips on her black flats.

"Katherine? The first doppelganger?" Violet asks and grabs her jacket. Caroline nods.

The five of them walk into the grill together. The band is playing and a bunch of people are dancing and watching the band.

"Wow." Jenna says when they join the dancing. "I need a drink." She says when she spots Alaric.

"Things just got real awkward." Bonnie says.

Violet excuses herself from everyone. She takes a seat at the bar and turns to watch the band. Caroline gets up on the stage and begins to sing to Matt after compeling the main guy.

"Matt I--" Caroline's cut off because Matt pulls her into a kiss. The crowd cheers and claps for them so does Violet.

Violet contiues to watch the concert by herself until the lights begin to explode. Violet frowns and looks around for Bonnie. She finds her next to this tall guy who uses his magic to knock glasses off the counter and set it a flame. Matt grabs Violet and drags her out of the bar. Then rushes back inside for Caroline.

Home sweet home.

Violet walks straight up to her room when she gets home. She locks the door and plops down onto her bed. She doesn't bother to change before she tries to go to sleep.

Violet gets up and walks down the stairs to see Alaric punch John.

"You know this js your fault, right?" Elena asks John.

"Right." John says as his nose begins bleeding. Violet changes her mind and goes back up the stairs. She strips off her clothes when she gets into her bathroom.

She stands under the hot water and lets all of her memories back in. She lets them flood her mind and grief overcomes her and the tears spill out.

Shes not sure how long she stood in thr shower under the hot water but she know she was in their too long. She wraps a fuzzy white towel around her body and looks at herself in the mirror. She sees a heart broken girl who pushes everyone away. She puts back up the wall to block out some of her memories.

She sighs and climbs into bed again once she's dressed. She just lays there and stares out her window before she drifts off to sleep.

~Violet's Dream~

"I need to get out of here." Max says, throwing his clothes into a large duffel bag. "The cops will be here any moment."

"I'll come with you." Violet says and begins to shive her clothes into the duffel bag too even though its only a few shirts and two pairs of jeans. "We'll go to Washington, just like we planned."

Max stops packing and grabs both Violet's hands, "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Of course. I love you." She says as he plants a kiss on her lips.

"I love you too." He responds and continues to pack. Violet walks into thr bathroom and grabs their toothbruses and soaps. She tosses them into the duffel bag. "We need to go. Now."

She nods and grabs her purse off the dresser. Before they reach the door it begins to shake from knocking.

"Its the police, open up."

They both freeze and look at each other. Max carefully runs to the window and tries to open it. Violet tries to help him and finally the window opens but the door slams open.

Two police officers grab Max and handcuff him. One of them says, "You are under arrest for thr kidnapping of Violet Williamson..." The poljce officer begins to recite his rights as Liz rushes over to Violet.

"Let's get you home." Liz says and puts an arm around Violet's shoulders.

"I don't want to go I want to be with him." Violet cries.

They walk out of the apartment comex to see Max being put into a cop car. There's already a crowd and reporters there. Flashes are going off and everyone's talking.

"Miss Williamson," One of the reporters start.

"Violet," Damon says shaking her shoudler, "Wake up." She opens her eyes and feels hot tear stains on her face. She quickly wipes them away.

"Sorry." She apologizes.

"It was just a dream. No need to apologize." Damon says with a smile. He tucks a strand of her hair behind her ear and places a hand on her cheek. Damon takes both her hands in his.

"It wasnt a dream." She tells him with a sad frown. "It was a memory."