4

Fridays.

There was always something peaceful about Fridays. The vibe that Fridays gave were something too soothing and too relaxing. It was that day of the week where the students were actually happy to enter University and study with a huge smile on their faces. The smiles on their faces were enough to convey how happy they were to finally have the weekends.

Friday was the only day when the students never troubled the professors nor interrupted their lessons and even the professors cut some slack and ended the lectures fifteen minutes prior or atleast that was what happened in our University.

Except for Mrs. Gonzalez.

It was almost the end of the day and there were literally only three minutes left, but Mrs. Gonzalez was adamant on completing the explanation of the topic which we had already covered two days back. Apparantly, our small brains did not have the capacity to remember information for more than two days and hence, the explanation again

A sigh of exhaust left my lips as she continued explaining how the amalgamation of companies took place, like she had not explained the same topic for the third time now. I glanced at the watch and tapped my foot repeatedly against the floor.

No, I was not tapping the floor out of boredom or exhaustation, but I was rather tapping the floor out of anxiety. Fridays had the aura of calm and peaceful vibes for others, but for me, it was the day which I never looked forward to. It was the day which I dreaded.

The bell rang and I made a beeline towards Grace's car. She decided to bunk the last lecture as she never liked Mrs. Gonzalez. When I reached there, she was already waiting for me by her car with a small smile on her face and I knew exactly what that smile held.

Pain, and so much of it.

“Why such a sad face, Gracie? It’s Friday!” I said with a huge smile, trying to lift her mood up, but who was I kidding? We both knew, Fridays were never going to be happy for us.

“Exactly, it’s Friday.” She spoke, glumly and sat in the car, opening the door, a little too forcefully.

“Gracie, come on, cheer up.”

“The only day I’d fucking cheer up is when you agree to do something that you have been fucking disagreeing all these while.” She said and stepped on the gas as the car jerked forward.

“Gracie—”

“No, Rosa. Why don’t you just fucking listen to me and her for once?” She asked and took an instant turn making me jerk sideways a little.

“Gracie, we already talked about it.”

She did not say anything after that and just continued driving making turns after turns until we were finally outside a place that had too many haunted memories for me. I looked at the big blue building and took a deep breath.

“Ready?” She asked and gave me a reassuring smile which I returned while nodding my head.

“As I ever will be.”

We walked inside with slow strides, no one was in a hurry to meet her because it was going to be the same ’ole meeting and the same ’ole speech which would do nothing in changing my mind, but would definitely do so many things in changing our Friday moods.

We walked towards the small cabin where a nurse, who was in her early thirties had all the appointments for the patients fixed and I asked giving her a small gentle smile, “Rosaline Willow’s appointment with Dr. Kelly Jordan?”