27

If there are any mistakes, then lemme know as I have written this chapter in a hurry.

•~•

"You have got one more reason to stay in this world, Rosa, please stay."

But what was the use in staying when the person I love did not love me back? There was no rocket science understanding that he would never love, slash that, even like a girl like me. He hated my guts from the very beginning and as much as I enjoyed his company, I was sure there was definitely something suspicious in his acts.

I was not being judgemental or trying to jump into conclusions, I was rather being practical. One person who treated you like shit the previous day, all of a sudden starts to treat you like a princess the next day, as much as I would love to remove this thought from my head, there was no lying in thinking that there was something fishy, there has to be something fishy or else why would he start to act like a gentleman all of a sudden?

"Give him a chance, Rosa, just a fucking chance."

Why?

So that I could just get the treatment to have him break my heart later?

I would rather die with happy memories then live with a shattered heart.

All I wanted to ask God was why? Everything was going perfect, I was so ready to meet my parents and leave this world for good, I had everything planned out since over a year and then God suddenly had to sprinkle the dust of love and make it all more confusing for me. I had known about Caden since so long, why did he have to make his appearance more notable just now?

My head hurt thinking about all the scenarios and what if's and if Caden didn't take a toll on my health before, then he was surely going to take one now and a very huge troll at that. Grace and I had stayed up all night talking about nothing and everything, we laughed and we cried, we smiled and we frowned, there was no denying that we had huge bags under our eyes.

But somehow, none of us minded that, not even a bit.

"Both of you look like shit." Grace scowled at Joshua and hit the back of his head,

"You look like one every fucking day."

"Rude much?" She just glared at him and continued walking towards the class, all of us trailing behind her.

Joshua was right, we indeed looked like shit, we did not even try hiding our eyebags. But looking at the curious stares from everyone, I figured we could have. It was better than explaining everyone why we looked like we rose directly from the death.

By the time lunch came, I could not keep my eyes open, it was a mystery to me how Grace walked around without wanting to collapse on the floor, but then again, she was used to staying up at nights.

Caden smiled way more than usual today, he even laughed at something Joshua said which was a first because Joshua's jokes were not at all hilarious and Caden was always the one giving him straight faces whenever he tried making a joke. Caden kept talking to me all during the lectures and on our way to cafeteria, it was not that I was ignoring him, I was loving the feeling actually, but I did not want to lead him on. I know there was no way we would end up together, but still I wanted to maintain my distance because as they say, precautions are better than cure.

"You look like you didn't sleep a blink last night." Caden mentioned, while munching on his fries.

"That is because I did not." I replied, tiredly.

"What kept you up all night?" He asked wiggling his eyebrows and I let out a small laugh, slapping his arm lightly.

"Exactly what is in your mind." He smiled mischievously and replied pinching my cheeks, "You naughty girl."

I slapped his hand away and shook my head smiling when my eyes caught Grace's gaze who was looking at me with sadness in her eyes. I averted my eyes away from her because I knew that any second longer and I would be crying my eyes out, something that I had been doing a lot lately and also something that I was not at all proud of.

"Let's go ice-skating tomorrow, what say?" Joshua asked all of a sudden, his face beaming with excitement.

"I have a dinner date with Steve tomorrow." A scowl appeared on Caden's face instantly on hearing the name of Steve. Considering it might be my overthinking, I didn't put much thought to it.

"He is going to confess his undying love for you, mark my words." Joshua said, fist bumping with Grace.

"It is just a friendly dinner." I explained, but he shook his head and continued babbling about how cute we would both be looking together and how cute our babies would be, the only plot hole in this story was- He was in love with someone else and I did not have time for having babies.

"That dude has been trying his luck on you for almost two years now." Joshua added, making Caden fist his hand, tightly.

"He loves someone else." I mentioned.

"Yes and that someone is you."

"There is no point explaining to you."

"That's because we all know it's the truth. I can't wait for you to share your experience with us." I scrunched my eyebrows together and gave him a confused look, "I am not going out with him for the first time."

"Yes, but you would be doing a lot of things tomorrow for the first time." He said, wiggling his eyebrows and I kicked him under the table, making him hiss in pain.

"I am done." Caden announced out of the blue and stood up, not even bothering to say goodbye to anyone, he walked out of the cafeteria. We all shared confused looks, but then shrugged our shoulders. Suddenly, my eyes landed on the phone that was on the table and to be more specific- Caden's phone.

"He forgot his phone, I will just go and return it to him." I told Grace and Joshua and they nodded their head. I said my goodbye's and started walking, well, running after Caden.

"Caden!" I shouted, but maybe he didn't listen or he was ignoring me, why would he ignore me though?

"Caden, wait!" I shouted again and ran after after him. He slowed down his pace, but continued walking nevertheless.

"You are just being childish now." I said, turning him around by his shoulder. He glared at me and turned me around while shoving me against the wall, making me wince at the impact.

"What the hell?" I asked, crunching my eyebrows.

"Do you like Steve?"

"What?" There he stood, in all his dark and angry glory standing before me, a little too close might I add with both of his hands on either side of my head. His close proximity was doing things to me that made my insides churn in a good way. My breathing quickened and I placed my hands on his chest trying to shove him off, but he held my hands and pushed them behind my back while gripping them tightly with one hand, making the phone, his phone fall with a thud.

Way to leave a bruise...

"Did I stutter?" I glared at him with a huff and retorted back, "Did I stutter at the lunch table?"

"You better not be lying." He squinted his eyes, bringing his face closer.

"Why would I lie about something so petty?"

"Let it stay that way." He placed his lips on my cheek and let them stay there for few seconds before pulling back and walking away not before picking up his phone, leaving me in my turmoil of emotions.

Why do you have to be so confusing Caden?

•••••••

Okay, wow, I have like 116 comments in the previous chapter, it's crazy!

Also, new updates coming soon.