24

"Which one do you want?" He asked, looking at the toys before me. We were at the mall right now, in the game parlour, standing before the stupid toy machine. I never liked this machine because it was a big fat spam. No matter what I did, I never got the toy, not even one, not even the smallest one— bloody money snatcher.

"Whichever one you can." I wanted the snow white teddy bear with a red bow on it though.

"White teddy bear, cute." Looking at my shocked expressions, he let out a small chuckle, he looked really handsome smiling and laughing, the dark aura didn't really suit him.

"You were openly staring at that teddy bear." I shrugged my shoulders because it was not like he could exactly give me that teddy bear. It was right in the middle, surrounded by many other small teddy bears and— No! This could not be possible.

"H-How did you even...?" I stuttered looking at the white beauty before my eyes. It has to be cheating, there was no way he could have won this beauty on it's own.

"A true man always gets her lady what she wants." He gave me a smug smile, but I was still stuck on the fact that he got me the exact same teddy bear, I had never even scored a tiniest toy!

"Stop staring, you are going to make her shy. It's real and it's yours." My cheeks turned red in embarassment and I walked towards him, passing him a genuinely smile. He was making my last days really memorable and worthy.

"Thank you."

"Anything for my lady." He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers before walking out of the mall.

We had left the amusement park after riding the ferris wheel, horror maze and walking around hand in hand. He asked me once if I wanted to sit on the rollercoaster, but did not push it further when I refused to sit on any other ride than the ferris wheel. He was being understanding, a really small act of generosity, but huge one at that.

After leaving the amusement park, we had come to mall, just walking around, talking and laughing while eating our favourite icecreams, it was very casual, but very special to me. Today was definitely going to be one of the best days of my life, never had I thought that I would ever have so much fun just walking around and doing nothing.

It was the small talks that made me want to know Caden more, it were the small gestures that made me want to get more closer to him, it were the small and simplest of acts that pulled me closer towards him. After passing the age of teen, you would realise that it were never the looks that mattered, but the personalities and Caden had one of the best personalities. He knew how to held a conversation and how to keep it going, he was definitely not a boring company and I was getting to know of it now.

"Do you want to go to movies?" He asked, pulling me out of the trance.

"As much as I'd love to, I have a job in about—" I unlocked my phone and locked it again after looking at the time, "—thirty minutes." Time surely did fly by quickly when you enjoy the moments.

"Atleast let me take you out for dinner." He persisted.

"You don't have to, you have already spent a lot of money after me, if anything, I should take you out for dinner."

"A real man never lets his lady pay."

"Good thing I am not your lady then." I smiled at him and he stared into my eyes. He has been a real gentleman the entire day, calling me his and doing all those gentlemanly acts, but I knew this act of him was only going to last for today. I did not want to get my hopes all high just to have them shattered the day after, it was better to face the reality beforehand.

"You are my lady for today." He replied, smiling back at him.

That smile of his, very rare like a precious diamond.

"When did we decide that?" I let out a small laugh as we stood near his car.

"You became my lady since you accepted the offer of spending the time with me."

"Can you be any more cheesy?"

"That's called flattering your woman."

"You are crazy."

"You drive me crazy, Sunshine." He opened the passenger door for me and I slid in, buckling my seatbelts, him following me right after.

Fifteen minutes of drive later, we were parked outside Jeff's. I took a deep breath and turned my head towards him who was already intently staring at me. Something about his gaze told me that he wanted to say something to me, but he stopped himself, probably for the better.

"This is me." I unbuckled the seatbelt and was about to open the door, when he gripped my arm and stopped me, "Let me." I nodded my head and he got out of the car, opening the door for me, performing the chivalry act. My heart swooned at his sweet gesture and I passed him a warm smile.

"Thank you for today, Caden, I really enjoyed myself."

"You can properly thank me later, after I take you out for dinner." He mischievously spoke and I slapped his arm, laughing along with him.

"When does your shift ends?" He asked.

"Eight."

"I'll be here."

"Shouldn't I atleast change my clothes before we go for dinner?" He leaned forward, making my heartbeats go wild. He was not close enough to burst my personal bubble, but close enough to make me feel things that I should not be feeling, I didn't have enough time to have this feels and as much as I wanted to learn more about this new feeling, I couldn't, atleast not in this life.

"No need, you are looking absolutely gorgeous."

And then he kissed me on the cheek, if I was not confused about my feelings before, I was sure as hell confused now and like he did not just kiss me on the cheeks, he pulled away, shot me a wink, got inside his car and drove away, leaving me standing with my mixed feelings.

What are you doing to me Caden Matthew?

•••••••

OUR POOR ROSALINE!!!