20

“Do you need anything else?” I shook my head, offering him a grateful smile.

“You should go, I will be fine on my own.” I reassured him for the umpteenth time now, but he was adamant on staying here till god knew how long.

“Not happening, who knows when you’ll have a coughing attack again.” He pushed me on the bed and pulled the duvet over my body.

“It’s not going to happen again and even if it happens, I have my meds.”

“Which you could barely pop in your mouth, yeah, no. Now shush and sleep.”

“I am not sleepy!”

“Then let’s watch Netflix or something.” Without waiting for my response, he started searching for the remote, not even thinking for a second that asking me would be a better option as I knew where I put the remote and I let him be on his own because it was a fun sight to watch him find the remote of the TV that was placed right beside the TV.

“Where the hell is the damn remote?!” He said, finally frustrated and a chuckle escaped my lips without my consent. He turned his head towards me and glared making my chuckle convert into a full blown laughter.

“Haha, very funny, now be of some use to me and tell me where the damn remote is!”  Sarcasm was dripping in his speech and I placed my fist over my mouth to muffle the laughter, but as impatient he started to grow, the more the funny the whole situation looked to me. Not wanting to anger him more, I pointed my finger beside the TV and his face grew red in embarassment.

“How could I not fucking find it in the first place?” He muttered under her breath and switched on the TV, as my account was already login, he started looking for the movies and finally settled on The Mummy.

“You okay with watching this movie?” He asked and I almost awed at his generosity. Considering his behaviour towards me in the beginning, I never thought we would be having such civil conversation anytime soon, but look at us now, watching movies.

“Yes.”

“Do you have popcorns or something?” He asked and I nodded my head, “I will just go and make some, wait.” I started taking off the duvet from my body and getting up, but he pushed me down once again and pulled the duvet all the way up to my chin.

“You stay here, I will make them. Just tell me where they are.” There was a tone of finalisation in his voice and his face was daring me to say something. Deciding to just do as he said, I gulped down my desire to resist him and replied,

“Lower cabinet on the right.”

“Don’t start the movie without me.” He said and left the room.

He was a really mysterious person and I seriously wanted to know what was going on in his head. First he acted like he hate me, insulting me at every chance he got, even told me how I should suffer some pain and then all of a sudden he wanted to be friends with me, take care of me like he could not see me in any pain, he was really strange.

But I was not going to question his actions and ruin his mood, if he wanted to be friends with me, then I will become his friend, no questions related to previous actions asked because I did not want to disturb our relationship right now just because I was curious. As they said, curiosity killed the cat, but it had seven lives and I only had one, of which also, less than five months were left.

“Caden?” I called him as it has been good ten minutes already and he has still not returned yet.

Did he even find the popcorns?

It was hard to tell about someone who  could not even find the remote that was right in front of him. Deciding to go downstairs and check up on him, I removed the duvet from my body and stood up, walking out of the door, but before I could step out, I saw Caden standing by the door, glaring at me. I gave him a sheepish smile and gave him side to enter.

With an angry glare still plastered on his face, he put two huge bowls of popcorn on the side table and walked towards me and before I could register anything, I was thrown over the shoulder like a sack of potatoes and then on to the bed. I fell on the bed bouncing, my mouth open in shock.

Did he just—?!

“Caden!” Ignoring me completely, he pushed me back again and tried to pull the covers over me, but this time I pushed him back and glared at him, “What is wrong with you?!”

“What is wrong with you?!” He questioned and I poke my finger on his chest, “You cannot just push me back on bed everytime!”

“Watch me.” He said, pushing me.

“What is the matter with you?” I had never been this riled up in a really long time, riling up was just not me, but somehow, Caden managed to push all of my buttons at once.

“Didn’t I tell you to rest?”

“I was just coming to check up on you because you were taking forever.” I tried to sit up, but he sat on my thighs, daring me to sit.

“I was making caramel popcorns for you and I couldn’t find the caramel syrup.”

“Jesus, you are heavy! Get off me.”

“Try getting up from the bed one more time and I will be on top of you.” I gasped at his blunt response and that cheeky bastard smirked at me. He was clearly enjoying this situation way too much.

Getting up from me, he started The Mummy, sitting beside me and getting under the covers along with me and he even had the nerve to wink at me while passing me the bowl of caramel popcorns. I huffed and looked away, fixating my eyes on the screen with only one thought in my mind—

I will get back to you, Mr. Matthew, you just watch.

•••••••

Don't get too used to my daily updates, I might not update for the next three to four weeks.

Ciao!