21

“Hmm?” I muttered groggily under my breath and snuggled more towards the warmth when I heard someone shaking me.

“Wake up.” Someone shook me again in my sleep and I muttered some rubbish before snuggling more towards the warmth and comfort. I heard someone intake a deep breath before muttering something along the lines of 'this girl is going to be the  death of me'.

“Sunshine.” My eyes flew open at that, my sleep long gone now. I heard him chuckle beside me and I scratched my head trying to recall the previous memories.

My face went red in embarassment when I realised I had slept over Caden’s shoulder halfway through the movie and currently I was lying on his lap. The warmth and comfort was all him and I was literally snuggling his stomach. Not wanting to embarrass myself more, I tried getting up from his lap, but he kept me there by holding my shoulders.

He gave me an mischievous smile before bringing his face closer and once he was at a good whispering distance, he opened his mouth and said in a childish voice, “Don’t want to sleep on my lappy more?”

I gave him a tight smile and whispered back, “You are the one who woke me up in the first place.”

“That is because someone is at the door and you just would not let me go.” He said and shrugged his shoulders like it was no big deal. My eyes instantly widened in realisation and glanced at the wall clock. It was four in the afternoon which meant university just got over and the person on the door would be none other than—

“If you won’t open this fucking door in the next ten seconds, then I am breaking it with a fucking hammer!”

Grace.

“Since how long is she knocking?” I asked Caden, while quickly getting up from the bed.

“Probably five minutes.” He said, nonchalantly.

“FIVE MINUTES?! Why didn’t you wake me up sooner?” I made a run downstairs when I heard him shout, “Because you were sleeping like a panda sleeps hugging a tree and in our case, I was the tree!”

“Three!”

I heard Grace nearing the end of the countdown and before she could say one and break my door for real, I opened the door and gave her an apologetic smile, my breathing pattern completely uneven considering how unathletic I was. She glared at me and pinched my arm to which I yelped in pain as it was a pretty strong pinch,

“What the fuck is wrong with you?! You don’t receive my calls, you don’t open the fucking door, what were you planning to do? Give me a fucking heart attack?!” She rambled and hugged me tightly.

“Wait, you called?” I asked when she pulled away, looking at my face and checking if everything was alright.

“Like a thousand fucking times!”

“But I did not hear my phone ring.” I reasoned and that was when I heard his voice in the background, “That is because I kept it on silent.” I gave him a frustrated look and flared my hands in the air, “Why did you do that for?”

“Because you were sleeping and it would have ruined your sleep.”

I did not know whether to be grateful at him for what he did or punch him countlessly for what he did.

Oh god, he was turning me violent!

“I am so sorry, Grace, I fell asleep while watching a movie.” She nodded her head in understanding and then looked at Caden, giving him a small grateful smile.

“Thank you for taking care of her.”

“The pleasure is all mine.” He replied and then turned his head towards me, “I will see you tomorrow then, probably in a better condition than now.” I let out a small laugh and nodded my head, waving him goodbye.