17

“Gracie, you cannot live here forever!” I exclaimed, flaring my hands in the air.

“Watch me.” She snarled and went back to making some waffles.

“It’s already Monday.”

“So?”

“Your mom is worrying about you.”

“That old woman doesn’t take no for an answer, does she? I fucking told her to let me stay at your place for the next few months, I am twenty one for fuck’s sake, I should have all the rights to make my own fucking decisions!” She angrily served the waffles in a plate and plopped two glasses of orange juice on the table, spilling a bit in the process.

“She cannot handle the twins on her own and you know that.” I sipped some orange juice and continued munching the waffles that were really tasty, might I add.

“I told her to send those fourteen years old teens abroad, but she never listens to me.” I gasped in horror and slapped the back of her hand.

“Gracie, that’s just plain rude! They are your brothers for god’s sake.”

“Bunch of fucking thieves if you ask me. Stole my entire collection of Hershey's on thursday.” I let out a laugh to which she growled at me, but later on, smiled nonetheless.

“See? If they can do such mischievous acts before you, then just consider how much more they does before your mom.” Her twin brothers, Ace and Jace, both fourteen years old, but ranked the top in pulling silly pranks. The only person of whom they were afraid of was Grace who was adamant on shifting to my home and spend all of her time with me.

Now, as much as I appreciated her thought, she had to go back to her home because her mother, Veronica Quinn called me last night saying how the twins had taken the entire house over their heads and all of the maids combined could not do what Grace alone could do— That was, stop them and make them stay in manners, and when I say all the maids, I mean all the twelve of them, as I had mentioned before, Grace was loaded, but she never acted like a rich bitch.

“Whatever, I am staying the weekends here, though.” I squealed happily and hugged her before looking at the time and sprinting to get our bags from my bedroom,

“Gracie, if we don’t leave now and break a few signals, then we might get late at Mr. Fitzgerald’s class, again.” I said, while quickly putting on my sneakers.

“That fucking old hag.”

“He is the sweetest, though.” She did not say anything after that, but I knew she agreed, we all knew he was the sweetest, atleast to us.

~

“You are losing weight, Rose.” That was the first thing that flew out of Joshua’s mouth on looking at me. He was not wrong though, I had lost eight lbs in the span of a week and I was not proud of myself at the slightest. I tried to intake all of my proteins and fats to keep my health intact, but my appetite has been reducing day by day and no matter what I did helped me in keeping my weight as same as before, if not more.

“Are you trying this zero figure thingy that most of the girls do nowadays, if yes, then please you got to stop, you look pretty as it is.” I chuckled at him and shook my head no,

“I am not doing anything.”

“Then why do you look so skinny all of a sudden?” He pestered, but this time, it was Grace who replied, “She is no fucking doctor, idiot, stop asking her stupid questions.”

“No need to go all hulk on me, babe, I was just showing my concern.”

“She doesn’t need your guys fucking concerns.”