SEVEN

»»————««

CAMILLE

I tugged on my hair as I sat at the table in Charles' dining room, watching as he dragged his eyes slowly across the screen of his laptop. On our flight home from Amsterdam this morning, we decided to ask my grandparents if they were free in a few days for Charles and I to visit, as they were yet to meet my boyfriend. After calling them on the drive home from Nice, our plans were confirmed and as soon as Charles and I dragged ourselves through the door frame and into his apartment, immediately walking towards the dining room. Charles was scheduled to fly to Maranello tomorrow morning for talks with Ferrari in relation to testing in Barcelona, therefore, we chose planning this now would be best, so we wouldn't have to stress whilst he was away.

"So, we need a flight from Nice to Brussels," I pointed at the screen as I stood behind Charles, my hand resting on his shoulder. "Then we take a train from Brussels to Hasselt."

He nodded slowly as he processed the information I was providing him with, glancing down at the notebook which was resting on the table beside his wrist. I smiled, clapping my hands together as Charles scrolled through the flight options.

"How about nine in the morning? The train would be at one, which would give us plenty of time, right?" Charles clicked on the option as I gave him an excited nod, as the return options flashed on the screen. "Then we get the train to Brussels at twelve and our flight is at three thirty."

"Sounds perfect to me," I smiled, pressing a quick kiss to Charles' cheek, before I started to frantically look around me for my handbag. "I just need to grab my purse..."

"No," Charles reached for my hand and tightly squeezed it, shaking his head slowly. "You're not paying, this is my present for you."

"Charles," I sighed, furrowing my brows as I looked at him sternly. "You paid for Amsterdam, I can't expect you to pay for this as well. I earn too, it's unfair if you pay for everything."

"I'm not listening to your arguments as to why you should pay. Let me." He reached for his wallet and pulled his credit card out, typing the details into the laptop to confirm our booking.

"I'll pay for the hotel, and I'll sort that whilst you're in Italy." I turned away, stepping towards the sink and grabbing a clean glass from the cupboard. I filled it to the top, holding onto the bench as I downed the contents of the glass, panting once the water had properly entered my system.

"Too late." Charles chucked and I turned back to face him, my mouth dropping open when I saw the smirk which had grown on his face. I slammed the glass down on the bench and rushing to him.

"Charles!" I cried out, trying to remain angry, but it was difficult when my boyfriend wrapped his arms around my waist. He pulled me into his lap, pressing his lips all across my neck to silence me. I squirmed in his arms, sighs escaping from my mouth as I tried to push Charles away. "You don't have to pay for all of this."

"But I am, and that's the end of it, okay?" Charles muttered into my ear, as his hand slowly ran up and down my back. He knew I was going to give into him and I wouldn't argue my point any further. I groaned, but began to nod. "That's my girl. Call your grandparents and let them know when we'll be there."

"Thank you so much," I awkwardly turned my head so that I was able to kiss my boyfriend gently. I held his cheeks with my hands, a wide smile growing on my lips when they met with Charles' in the middle. "You are the best."

I jumped from Charles' lap and pulled my phone from the pocket of my grey jogging bottoms, unlocking it and searching through my contacts to find my grandparents' phone number. I rushed into his bedroom and closed the door behind me, sitting on the edge of Charles' bed as I held my phone to my ear.