EIGHTEEN

»»————««

CAMILLE

"I only have an hour to get ready now, boys!" I whined, as I stepped back into Pascale's apartment, with Arthur and Lorenzo following slowly behind me. We had the best surprise for Charles up our sleeves and we didn't have much time left until it would all be pulled off. I couldn't wait to see the look on his face when he realised I'd been pulling his leg all day and was planning a surprise dinner with our family and friends to congratulate him for his impressive move to Ferrari.

"Best get your skates on then, Camille. You can't keep your Charles waiting, can you?" Arthur wiggled his eyebrows as he headed along the corridor and towards his bedroom. I groaned at him, rushing along to the room that used to be Charles', smiling when I entered to find my belongings neatly on the bed. I'd been so busy all day that I forgot about leaving my clothes and makeup out to reduce the stress for later, or in other words, right now.

I couldn't wait to see his face when he realised that we'd planned this for him. I was so excited to arrive at the restaurant and meet Charles. I was desperate to hold him and tell him for the millionth time that I'd never been prouder of him.

I knew that I was under pressure to get ready in time. I'd showered this morning so my hair was freshly washed, and I'd already filled my eyebrows in before we started rushing about to finalise our plan, so my makeup wouldn't take too long to complete. I couldn't be bothered to go all out, and I knew Charles didn't care about how much makeup I covered myself in, so I applied minimal foundation, contour and blush, before applying a nude colour to my lips. I wore a little bit of mascara on my lashes, and chose to wear my favourite red dress, instead of the shirt I'd brought with me. The dress code for tonight was to wear red in celebration of Charles' move to Ferrari, so my short, low neck dress was the perfect option for me. My hair fell naturally down my back, some resting on my chest, and I smiled at myself in the mirror as I slipped my feet into my black heels. I sprayed some of my Elie Saab perfume, which happened to be Charles' favourite, across my skin, before taking my phone and heading towards the front room.

"Oh Camille, you look beautiful!" Pascale was quick to wrap her arms around me, as I admired her outfit, along with Arthur and Lorenzo's. "Charles is so lucky to have you."

"I'm so lucky to have him." I nodded, smiling to myself as I checked my phone, to find a message from my boyfriend, in relation to the agreements for our evening meal out.

CHARLES: I'll leave in 15 minutes, will you be there already?

CAMILLE: I'm on my way now. I won't be too long x

"Right, we need to leave!" I giggled, ushering Charles' brothers out of the door as Pascale followed closely behind us. I felt nervous to see Charles because I didn't know how he would react to his surprise. I knew he would be excited and wouldn't believe that we organised this for him, but I knew he would be missing his Papa and Jules, because he devoted this position to them.

I bit on my nails continuously as we walked through the busy streets of Monte Carlo in the direction of the restaurant we'd booked a table at. I'd left strict instructions with Max and told him to stick to them no matter what unfolded before he arrived at our destination. I needed this to be perfect for Charles.

I smiled when Max, Victoria, Sophie and Dilara came into view. They were waiting outside the restaurant for us, standing in an unusually strange line as if they were hiding something. I raised my brow as I drew closer, my eyes scanning their faces as an uneasy feeling filled me up.